Find the list of University Scholarships in Ghana for Tertiary Students from the details in this guide
Education is changing life but is very expensive.
The cost of schooling to acquire a degree is very high, which is why several organizations are helping students with their needs.
There is a massive number of students who are brilliant but need more financial support.
Click For The Summary Of This Guide
Does Tertiaries In Ghana Admit International Students?
Ghana Universities operates an equal opportunity policy.
Therefore, Tertiary Admission is open to both Ghanaian and International applicants.
In addition to this, Tertiary admits students with good scores.
For that matter, Applicants must have good passes in English Language, Core Mathematics, and Integrated Science or Social Studies and in three of the required electives.
Are scholarship opportunities available at all Tertiary schools in Ghana?
Do Tertiary Institutions Offer Scholarships For Students?
Regarding University Scholarships In Ghana, most students always want to find an answer to this question.
Most Universities in Ghana offer a scholarship for their students.
There are scholarships available for students in Tertiary schools. Institutions, Organizations, and the government for Ghanaian students offer these scholarships.
And there are processes that applicants need to go through.
These scholarships are available for students who are very good academically but financially unstable.
Such students must apply to meet the criteria of the scholarship scheme.,
Interestingly, GNPC and CAMFED provide financial support for students who need to pursue their studies.
Although Other institutions also support the scholarship system for Tertiary students.
The Africa Centre of Excellence in Coastal Resilience (ACECoR) gives scholarships to qualified applicants in MPhil and Ph.D. degree programs.
List of Scholarships And Grants For Tertiary Students
Here are the list of University Scholarships In Ghana:
- Gerda Henkel Foundation Ph.D. Scholarship
- UG-Tullow Tertiary Scholarship Scheme.
- SRC Yi Bi Boa Scholarship Scheme.
- EY CSR Scholarship.
- Edu Fondazione Scholarship
- Educational Pathways International Scholarships.
- GE Scholarship.
- The University of Ghana Sponsorship.
- University Of Ghana Nestlé Ph.D. Scholarships For Research Excellence 2020
- MasterCard Foundation Scholarship
- Empowering African Inc.
- KNUST SRC SRC Ketewa Biara Nsua (KBN) Bursary 2023/2024
- KNUST-Tullow Tertiary Scholarship
- Hulede Foundation KNUST Scholarship
- Mark Foundation Scholarship
- African Researchers’ Small Grants Program (SGP II)
- GEAAA Dr. Osei Kwabena Gyebi Scholarship Fund
- GEAAA Prof. Nicholas Kumapley Scholarship Fund
- S.T. Nankani Scholarships
- Standard Chartered Scholarships.
- KNUST Scholarship in Engineering.
However, institutions or foundations like Educational Pathways International, MTN Ghana, Vodafone Ghana, Timothy Ansah Memorial Foundation, Total Petroleum Ghana Limited (TPGL) in collaboration with KNUST, The Mathematics, Science, and Technology Students Scholarship (MASTEES), etc., also provide scholarships for KNUST students.
Interestingly some Tertiary scholarships are even available for international students as well. We will throw more light on international scholarships in Tertiary.
Which Institution Accept The Above Scholarships in Ghana?
Below are some of the Universities where these scholarships are applied;
- University of Ghana(Legon)
- Kwame Nkrumah University of Science and Technology
- University of Education Winneba(UEW)
- University for Development Studies(UDS)
- University of Professional Studies Accra(UPSA)
- Ashesi University
- Other public and private universities in Ghana
What Are Some Of The Eligibility For Applicants?
Below are some of the conditions applicants must satisfy.
- Applicants must be Ghanaian by birth.
- They must demonstrate financial need supported by documentary evidence.
- They must be Enrolled as a student of Tertiary in full-time regular or distance programs.
- Applicants who are already benefiting from another scholarship scheme are out.
- They Must complete the application process by providing accurate information.
- Applicants should be brilliant as determined by the University.
The above eligibility must be slightly different in some scholarship schemes, but these are common.
What Are The Requirements?
- Applicant must have an institutional email.
- A photocopy of the death certificate or information in case of death of the parent
- Photocopy of one of the following identification cards.
- A minimum CGPA Requirement of 2.5.
- Undergraduate applicants need to complete the first academic year.
How Can Students Apply For Tertiary Scholarships?
Remember that there is a lot of scholarship scheme for Tertiary students.
The school announces its available scholarships online, and links are permanently attached to it for application. Below are a few steps for application.
Visit the available scholarship site.
- Applicants must create an account using the signed-up button
- Select scholarship type and Tertiary
- Complete applications and attach all necessary documents
- Selected applicants will receive a text or email for an interview.
You Might Also Be Interested In The Following As Well
- Chevening Scholarship For Ghana Students, Study Master’s Degree Program In The UK For Free
- Fulbright Scholarship In Ghana, Study And Teach In The U.S. For Free
- MasterCard Scholarship For Students, Who Qualifies For The Scholarship Scheme?
- When will the University of Ghana Forms be out For the academic year?
- Places you can get University of Ghana – Legon forms to buy
- How to apply for admission at the University of Ghana
- Banks for Legon fee payment
- How much is Legon fees for this year- the University of Ghana fees – UG
- Courses offered at Legon – UG
- General admission requirement at Legon – UG – University of Ghana
- Does Legon accept D7 for admission?
- Courses general arts students can apply for at Legon
- When will Legon reopen
- Courses that business students can apply for at Legon
- Home Economics courses at the University of Ghana
- Courses that science students can apply for at Legon
- University Of Ghana Online Application Form
- Entry Requirements For All Programs Of the University Of Ghana
- How Do I Check My Admission Status At the University Of Ghana?
I believe Educareguide has been of help to you concerning your subject of concern. Also, we have many other contents available to help you in your education.
Furthermore, if there is any contribution/comment/concern that you would want to make, it is warmly welcome on our site. Thus proceed to Login/Register to submit your post.
Now, subscribe to Educareguide and contact us for further assistance with your education. Finally, please fill out the contact form on the sidebar to reach us.
Nevertheless, do not forget to pass a comment in the comment section below. Indeed, we will gladly appreciate knowing what you think about this article. Thanks.