This guide educates you on all the information you need about the Great Scholarship for students.
Also, the guide explores other details such as:
- Who qualifies to apply for the Great Scholarship;
- How To Apply for the Great Scholarship;
- The Application Deadline and
- How to contact the Great Scholarship Office.
First, let’s look at what the Great Scholarship is about.
Click For The Summary Of This Guide
What Is the Great Scholarship About?
The British Council in the UK brought up the GREAT Scholarship Program in partnership with UK universities to help attract international students to seek higher education in the UK.
Interestingly, students from 14 countries can study in the UK under this scholarship scheme.
Under the scheme, students receive tuition fees for many one-year taught postgraduate courses.
Notably, in 2023-24, 200 scholarships were awareded by 49 universities within England, Wales, Scotland, and Northern Ireland.
So, students from which country does this scholarship cover?
Countries Whose Students Benefit Under The Great Scholarship
Students from the following countries can obtain the Great Scholarships:
Now, where does the scholarship fund come from?
The Source Of Funding For The Great Scholarship
As part of the program, the scholrahip organisation will invite all Great scholars to a welcome event in the first semester in the UK.
Factually speaking the following organizations provide monies to fund the scholarship scheme:
- UK Government’s GREAT Britain Campaign
- British Council Scholarship
- UK Higher Educational Institutions
Again, as part of the program, the scheme organizers will invite all GREAT scholars to a networking event in the second semester.
Now, who is eligible to benefit from the Scholarship?
Who Qualifies For The Great Scholarship?
Remember that you must meet the following Eligibility Criteria to qualify for the Great Scholarship:
- Be a citizen from any of the countries stated above.
- Must have an undergraduate degree.
- Next, you must be motivated and interested in the proposed programs of study.
- Also, you must meet the English language requirement of the UK higher education institutions.
- Next, scholars should establish an engagement with the UK through personal and academic fulfillment.
- Also, you must be willing to attend a networking event in the UK to discuss your experiences, as well as capture perceptions of studying in the UK.
- Next, you should be willing to maintain contact with the British Council and be an ambassador for the Great Scholarship.
- Also, it would help if you wlll occasionally speak to otherr beneficiaries about their own experience of studies.
Now, look at the courses or programs you must study to be eligible for the Great Scholarship.
Eligible Courses And Programmes Under The Great Scholarship
First, you must have an undergraduate degree in an educational program directly benefiting poor communities.
Also, the postgraduate degree program you enroll in must contribute significantly to alleviating poverty in your community of origin.
Now let’s look at your benefits from the Scholarship should you win it.
Benefits Under The Great Scholarship Scheme
The Scholarship covers your full tuition fees for one-year postgraduate programs.
In other words, the tuition fee is for the first year of the master’s program with a period of two years.
Now, how do I apply for the Great Scholarship?
How To Get The Great Scholarship
You must follow these steps to apply for the Great Scholarship
- First, choose the desired University from the list of eligible Universities.
- Second, select your preferred course or programe to study.
- Third, check the eligibility criteria and whether you qualify.
- Fourth, register at the University and Colleges Services Admission portal.
- Next, sign in with your credentials and click on the application form.
- Now, enter your necessary information and attach the documents.
- Now pay the fees mentioned.
Application Deadline For The Great Scholarship.
The deadline for the GREAT Scholarships is the last Friday of June every year.
How To Contact The Great Scholarship Office
Students can contact the Great Scholarship through the following avenues:
Click here to go to the official website of the Great Scholarship Secretariat.
You Might Also Be Interested In The Following As Well
- How To Apply For Chevening Scholarship, How Do You Get A Chevening Scholarship?
- KNUST SRC Ketewa Biara Nsua Scholarship, The KBN Bursary Scheme For Needy Students
- Empowering African Inc Scholarship For Ghanaian And African Students
- GE Scholarship For Students In Ghanaian Universities, Apply Now
- Educational Pathways International Scholarship For Students In Ghana
- Fondazione Edu Scholarship Scheme For Students At The University Of Ghana
- SRC Yi Bi Boa Scholarship Scheme For Students At The University Of Ghana
- UG-Tullow Tertiary Scholarship Scheme, Scholarship For Students At The University Of Ghana
- Mitsubishi Scholarship For Students At The Tertiary Level Of Education
- Gerda Henkel Foundation PhD Scholarship, Find How You Can Win
- Chevening Scholarship For Ghana Students, Study Master’s Degree Program In The UK For Free
- Fulbright Scholarship In Ghana, Study And Teach In The U.S. For Free
- MasterCard Scholarship For Students, Who Qualifies For The Scholarship Scheme?
- University Scholarships In Ghana For Tertiary Students, A List Educational Scholarship
I believe Educareguide has been of help to you concerning your subject of concern. Also, we have many other contents available to help you in your education.
Furthermore, if there is any contribution/comment/concern that you would want to make, it is warmly welcome on our site. Thus proceed to Login/Register to submit your post.
Now, subscribe to Educareguide and contact us for further assistance with your education. Finally, please fill out the contact form on the sidebar to reach us.
Nevertheless, do not forget to pass a comment in the comment section below. Indeed, we will gladly appreciate knowing what you think about this article. Thanks.