Benefits of Wide Organisational Structure and Wide span of control – WASSCE question, is what we are considering in this article.
Organizational Structure and Span of control are key management concepts that you must know for planning and controlling.
In addition, they are pretty tricky concepts for many people to understand, especially students writing WASSCE.
What then is an organizational structure? Indeed, an organizational structure is a framework within which an organization is designed, duties specified, and resources allocated to achieve organizational goals.
Also, a span of control refers to the number of people who directly report to a superior or a manager at a specific point in time in an origination.
Therefore, if ten subordinates are directly under you, your span of control is ten.
Furthermore, WAEC normally regularly asks questions on this sub-topic in the Business Management WASSCE examination.
Therefore, Educareguide is here to assist you in fully understanding this topic.
Also, you should note that the sub-topic is an integral part of the Business Management for Senior High School Students across the West African sub-region.
In detail, these countries include Nigeria, Ghana, Sierra Leone, The Gambia, and Liberia. Now let us look at the Elements of a Valid Contract below.
Now let us look at the specific question under consideration, that is:
State three ways the company could benefit from adopting a wide organizational structure with a wide span of control.
It encourages delegation among the managers involved.
It has fewer communication and coordination problems. Since there are fewer levels, accurate information gets to the intended people at the right time.
It motivates rank-and-file employees to take greater responsibility for their output.
- It leads to a faster flow of authority from the top to the bottom because few senior-level managers are involved in the process. [/expand]
You Might Have Interest In The Following As Well:
- Qualities Of Money
- Problems Of Developing Countries – The Major Challenges Confronting Less Developed Nations
- Elements of a Valid Contract
- Meaning of Consideration
- Functions Of Commercial Banks
- Importance of Planning
- What is an organisational structure?
- The Meaning Of Law Of Contract
- What is the difference between a “Contract” and a “Promise”?
- Classification of Contract
- Ways To Control Money Supply In An Economy
- Monetary Policy And Central Banking – Find Out The Roles That Your Central Bank Play To Boost The Cash Flow Of Your Business
- Features of a Private Limited Liability Company
- Sources Of Business Finance Available To Private Limited Liability Company
- Bill Of Exchange as a Negotiable Instrument
- Parties To A Bill Of Exchange In Kenya
- Techniques In Time Management In Ireland
- What Is A Brand And Its Benefits In The UK
- The Trade Unions Congress Ghana
I believe Educareguide has been of help to you with regard to your subject of concern. Also, there are many other contents we have available to help you in your education.
Furthermore, if there is any contribution/comment/concern that you would want to make, it is warmly welcome on our site. Simply proceed to Login/Register to submit your post.
Now, please, subscribe to Educareguide and contact us for further assistance for your education. Finally, fill the contact form on the sidebar to reach us.
Nevertheless, do not forget to pass a comment in the comment section below. Indeed, we will gladly appreciate knowing how you think about this article. Thanks.