Many business students globally are familiar or might have come across the issue of Qualities of Money as explained below.
It is not surprising that, many Examining bodies ask this question most often in the Business Management examinations everywhere.
Therefore, we are here to assist you in to fully understand this topic very well.
Moreover, The topic “Money and Banking” is a major business management to studied in colleges.
Thus the topic is a key part of Business Management course outline for Senior High School across the the world, and even in Europe and America.
Now let’s check the many qualities of money as explained below.
Click For The Summary Of This Guide
Qualities Of Money
Money must be generally acceptable. Therefore, people must have confidence in, and be ready to accept it as a medium of exchange.
Certainly, money will loses its general acceptability, if it ceases as a good medium of exchange.
Money must be portable. To explain that, you should be able to move money from one place to another.
In fact, that is why there is the use of more paper money than coins.
Money must be last longer for money to perform its function effectively . That means that, it should not wear out quickly or be destroyed within a shorter period.
Indeed, the materials used to make it should be durable.
One should be able to divided into reasonable small units. That will ensure that goods can be bought in both small and large quantities.
Divisibility facilitates medium of exchange.
Money should easily be identified without facing problems. This would serve as a check against forgery and counterfeit currency or money.
Money must be homogenous. A unit in each denomination should be the same as any other unit in the same jurisdiction.
Example, you took ten dollar note in New York to buy something. That ten dollars should be the same as ten dollar note in Washington.
All units of some denomination should be perfectly identical in weight, colour, design. etc.
Money must not be too much in an economy in order to maintain its value. This is because, if it is abundant in the economy, it may lose its value.
You Might Have Interest In The Following As Well:
- Problems Of Developing Countries – The Major Challenges Confronting Less Developed Nations
- Elements of a Valid Contract
- Meaning of Consideration
- Functions Of Commercial Banks
- Importance of Planning
- What is an organisational structure?
- The Meaning Of Law Of Contract
- What is the difference between a “Contract” and a “Promise”?
- Classification of Contract
- Ways To Control Money Supply In An Economy
- Monetary Policy And Central Banking – Find Out The Roles That Your Central Bank Play To Boost The Cash Flow Of Your Business
- Features of a Private Limited Liability Company
- Sources Of Business Finance Available To Private Limited Liability Company
- Bill Of Exchange as a Negotiable Instrument
- Parties To A Bill Of Exchange In Kenya
- Techniques In Time Management In Ireland
- What Is A Brand And Its Benefits In The UK
- The Trade Unions Congress Ghana
I believe Educareguide has been of help to you with regard to your subject of concern. Also, there are many other contents we have available to help you in your education.
Furthermore, if there is any contribution/comment/concern that you would want to make, it is warmly welcome on our site. Simply proceed to Login/Register to submit your post.
Now, please, subscribe to Educareguide and contact us for further assistance for your education. Finally, fill the contact form on the sidebar to reach us.
Nevertheless, do not forget to pass a comment in the comment section below. Indeed, we will gladly appreciate knowing how you think about this article. Thanks.