The Trade Unions Congress in Ghana -What are Its functions? Educareguide has compiled this brief summary for you.
First of all, let’s look at a brief background information.
The Nature Of The Trade Unions Congress In Ghana
The processes leading to the formation of the Ghana’s TUC commenced in the 1920s. A this time Ghana was still the British Colony of the Gold Coast.
By 1941, the Ghana Trade Unions Congress was inaugurated to officially carry out its functions. The Trades Unions Congress is an amalgamation of several Labour Unions in Ghana.
Some of them includes The Ghana National Association of Teachers (GNAT), Ghana Medical Association (GMA), etc. Ghana TUC is part of the International Labour Organisation. (ILO).
For the purposes of this post, we will concentrate on the functions of the trade unions congress in Ghana. The functions of the trade Unions Congress of Ghana could be found below.
Detailed Function Of Trade Unions Congress in Ghana
Below is the outline of the Role of the Ghana Trade Unions Congress (TUC)
Membership of a union provides an employee with a measure of protection.
Members are protected against exploitation, unfair and arbitrary treatment, harassment, and un lair dismissals and so, it ensures the security of members.
Enforcing minimum wages and salaries
The TUC ensures that employers pay their employees the minimum legislated wages or salaries.
Unions also ensure that employers obtain and maintain just, proper and equitable rate of wages, hours of work and other conditions of labour.
Satisfaction of Employees’ needs
TUC also ensures that employers satisfy the needs of employees. For example employees should be remunerated according to their qualification and output at work.
Improvement of working conditions
Unions ensure that employers conform to the factory, office and shop- act of 1970 which compels employers by law to be responsible for making certain provisions for safety, health and welfare of employees at their work place.
Unions regulate relations and settle disputes between their members and their employers. Unions also provide assistance in times of sickness or other personal distress.
They also provide educational opportunities at union sponsored schools
You Might Have Interest In The Following As Well:
- What are the qualities of money?
- The problems that poor countries face in the world?
- What is a valid contract in business – the principles of contract.
- The meaning of consideration in Law.
- Which organizational structure will best fit your business organization? Find out here.
- What are the importance of planning to the success of your business?
- Which laws must businesses conform to?
- Is every business contract valid? Find the answer here.
- What are the types of contract your business may enter into?
- The ways that money is controlled in a country.
- What is a private limited company?
- Sources of finance for private enterprises.
- The best ways you can manage your time as a business person.
- What are the best ways you can brand your products and your enterprise.
- The ways in which workers union can impact on the profitability of your business.
I believe Educareguide has helped you to understand this subject matter. Also there are many other information available on our website to help you in your education.
Furthermore, if there is any contribution or comment or concern that you would want to make, it is warmly welcomed on our site. Simply proceed to Login or Register to submit your post.
Now, please, subscribe to Educareguide and contact us for further assistance for your education. Finally, fill the contact form on the side bar to reach us.
Nevertheless, do not forget to pass a comment in the comment section below. Indeed, we will gladly appreciate to know how you think about this article. Thanks.