Many people who deal with commercial banks, sometimes wonder what the Functions of Commercial Banks are.
Indeed, many people save with commercial banks across the world, yet surprisingly, you still wonder what your commercial bank can do for you.
As a matter of fact, many examining bodies administer tests in this regard to solicit response from students on what commercial banks really are, according to understanding of students.
Now, Let me give you a brief background before we go to the main text.
Truly, Commercial Bank’s functions are spelt out in the Law that establishes the bank within a specific jurisdiction.
Nevertheless, the functions of commercial across the globe does not differ substantially, as there is a universal principle that guides the operations of all commercial banks in ever country, even including the US.
In addition to that, it is a topic that many people conduct research on, especially students preparing for exam and others compiling their projects and thesis.
As a result, Educareguide is here to assist you in to fully understand this topic as well as aid you on how to answer this question in an examination.
The Other Ways Of Asking Question On This Sub-Topic Are:
- What are the roles that a commercial bank play in the development of a country?
- State and explain the main functions performed by commercial bank.
- What activities do commercial banks perform for the their customers?
- Give the functions performed by Commercial banks perform in the development of an economy. ETC.
Furthermore, the sub-topic is an integral part of many Business Management and administration courses in many Schools, Universities and Colleges.
For example, ABMA UK fully treats this topic in their business administration courses for her students across the world. Now let’s find out the functions that commercial banks perform in out daily lives right below.
The Benefits You Can Get From Your Bank
Indeed, it is absolutely consequent that, your business will certainly grow if your bank can perform these basic services for your business.
The following functions are performed by Commercial banks in the development of an economy for business organizations:
Commercial Banks accept deposits from the general public including savings account, Deposit account and current account.
They therefore provide a safe place for keeping customer’s money.
Granting credit facilities:
These banks grant credit facilities to their customers in the forms of loans and overdrafts.
Commercial banks therefore provide businessmen with money to finance their activities.
Keeping other valuables:
Commercial banks apart from keeping money also keep customers valuables such as wills, certificates, life policies, securities as well as title deeds.
Making payments on behalf of their customers:
They make payments on behalf of their customers upon the written consent of the customers.
Commercial Banks also receive dividends and other monies on behalf of their customers.
Serving as trustees and referees:
Commercial banks serve as trustees and referees for their customers, recommending such customers when necessary to other banks.
They also reduce unemployment by employing people in a place, state or country.
Also, they provide expert advice on investment and business opportunities to their customer
You Might Have Interest In The Following As Well:
- What are the qualities of money?
- The problems that poor countries face in the world?
- What is a valid contract in business – the principles of contract.
- The meaning of consideration in Law.
- Which organizational structure will best fit your business organization? Find out here.
- What are the importance of planning to the success of your business?
- Which laws must businesses conform to?
- Is every business contract valid? Find the answer here.
- What are the types of contract your business may enter into?
- The ways that money is controlled in a country.
- What is a private limited company?
- Sources of finance for private enterprises.
- The best ways you can manage your time as a business person.
- What are the best ways you can brand your products and your enterprise.
- The ways in which workers union can impact on the profitability of your business.
I believe Educareguide has helped you to understand this subject matter. Also there are many other information available on our website to help you in your education.
Furthermore, if there is any contribution or comment or concern that you would want to make, it is warmly welcomed on our site. Simply proceed to Login or Register to submit your post.
Now, please, subscribe to Educareguide and contact us for further assistance for your education. Finally, fill the contact form on the side bar to reach us.
Nevertheless, do not forget to pass a comment in the comment section below. Indeed, we will gladly appreciate to know how you think about this article. Thanks.Share With Others