This guide gives you all the details you need to know about the Cut Off Points for Medicine at UCC.
Also, we have all the additional information you need to know about the Medical program at the University Of Cape Coast.
Therefore, you will read details such as:
- The Admission Requirements;
- How to apply;
- The Nature and Duration of the program;
- The Cut Off Point; and
- The Admission Fees
First, check whether the University of Cape Coast offers Medicine as a program for a student coming from SHS and other related certificates.
Please find all the details right below.
Click For The Summary Of This Guide
Does The University of Cape Coast Offer Medicine Courses?
Now, does UCC offer a Medicine program to students?
Indeed, the University of Cape Coast offers Medicine as a program to students at the University.
For this reason, those who passed the WASSCE and other related Examinations can always apply to read these programs at the University.
Interestingly, we found out that the University runs the following degree course in MEDICINE for students:
- Bachelor of Medicine and
- Bachelor of Surgery
Number Of Years, UCC Medicine Course
Applicants seeking to read Bachelor of Medicine will study the program for four (4) years, after which you will continue to do an additional two (2) years, plus 1-year Housemanship.
This means that the entire study duration to become a Medical Doctor will be seven (7) years.
Remember that the Medicine program at UCC is a full-time course, and the first part lasts for four years.
UCC Medicine Course Admission Requirements
Indeed, the UCC has rigorous admission standards for medicine applicants.
Interestingly, the University accepts applications from the following category of applicants:
- WASSCE or SSCE Applicants
- O Level and A Level Applicants
- Postgraduate Applicants
Now let us begin with the detailed admission requirements for Wassce and SSSCE Applicants.
Wassce Applicants, Admission Requirement Study Medicine At UCC
Officially, every student with credit passes legally qualifies for admission to read Medicine at UCC.
However, realities demand that you must meet the following minimum requirements:
First, you must obtain A1 in all your Elective Subjects, namely:
- English Language;
- Integrated Science; and
- Social Studies.
Not only the Core subject, but you must have A1 in three of the elective subjects, namely:
- Elective Mathematics;
- Physics; or Chemistry.
A Leve And O Levels Applicants, Medicine Admission Requirements At UCC
Interestingly, UCC offers the opportunity for people who hold O Level and A Level from the British educational system to apply.
This category of applicants must have FIVE (5) quality passes at O’ Level, including:
- English Language; and
In addition to that, you should have three (3) A’ Level quality passes in:
- Chemistry; and
- Physics or Mathematics.
Postgraduate Applicants, Medicine At UCC
These applicants have already obtained a first degree in a field related to Medicine.
For example, you may have a certificate in:
- BSc Biological Science;
- BSc Pharmacy;
In that case, you should meet these criteria to apply:
- First, you must have an interest in studying Medicine at UCC.
- Second, you must have a first degree in any Medicine related Programme offered from an accredited institution in any science-related course of study.
- Third, you must have completed national service with any institution.
- Fourth, you should pass an entrance examination conducted by the University.
Cut Off Points For Medicine At UCC
Indeed, you qualify for admission if you obtain simple credit passes in the relevant subjects mentioned above.
Nevertheless, please realize that every University of Cape Coast course has a cut-off point; thus, the Medicine program is no exception.
Therefore, the cut-off point for Wassce applicants to read Medicine at UCC is aggregate 8.
I believe you have all the information you desire on UCC Cut Off Points For Medicine. Nevertheless, these guides below will be relevant for you as well.
You Might Have Interest In The Following As Well:
- How To Apply For Admission to Read Degree At UCC.
- How To Buy UCC Admission Forms
- UCC Awaiting Forms for applicants
- HND To Degree At UCC, How To Gain Admission To UCC With HND Certificate
- Bachelor of Commerce – Bcom UCC Admission Requirements – Bachelor Of Commerce
- BCom Human Resource Management UCC Requirements – University Of Cape Coast
- B.Ed Accounting At UCC, University of Cape Coast
- BA Economics UCC Requirements – University Of Cape Coast
- UCC Bachelor Of Arts Course, At University of Cape Coast
- Check your WAEC results – How to check your BECE and WASSCE results
- When Is UCC Reopening 2020/2021 – University Of Cape Coast Date
- List Of UCC Education Courses – University Of Cape Coast
- University Of Cape Coast (UCC) Student Login Portal
- UCC Percentage Of Fee University Of Cape Coast
I believe Educareguide has been of help to you regarding your subject of concern. Also, many other contents are available to help you in your education.
Furthermore, if there is any contribution/comment/concern that you would want to make, it is warmly welcome on our site. Thus proceed to Login/Register to submit your post.
Now, subscribe to Educareguide and contact us for further assistance with your education. Finally, please fill out the contact form on the sidebar to reach us.
Nevertheless, do not forget to comment in the comment section below. Indeed, we will gladly appreciate knowing what you think about this article. Thanks.