Classification of Contract deals with the various of classes of contract that are legally enforceable.
Truly, Educareguide wants to explore this sub-topic under law of contract.
Certainly, we have detailed notes the classification of contract as to its relation to business.
Though the content may sound a bit technical, you should not be scared of these contractual terms.
Indeed, the Classes of contract are:
Certainly, we have already looked at the meaning of contract in our previous article.
For this reason, you can refer to that for the purpose of revision.
Nature And Classification of Contract
Really, we are considering three main types of contracts in this article.
Thus read the notes below to find out the nature of this contract, and how they differ from each other.
Simple Contract: – It is a contract that are not made in any official state though legally binding on the parties. These king of contract may not be signed and sealed under formal circumstances.
However, the parties to the contract make promises to each other that are legally binding.
Specialty Contract: – These are contract made in official states. This means that they are written, signed, sealed and delivered.
Example, a land agreement must be made in a state known as indenture to be considered official.
If it is made in any other form, then the parties risk of loosing under the contract.
Contract of Records: – Contract of records comes about when a judgement of a court imposes a contractual responsibility on a person to perform an act.
Example, if Yaw does not take care of his son and a court imposes a liability of $1,000 per month on him to take of the son.
The payment of the $1,000 becomes a contract of record. Indeed Contract of Records falls under classification contract according to performance.
We should be mindful of the fact that various examining bodies may ask the question – “What are the classification of contracts?”.
Please do remember that the notes above addresses that question comprehensively. The various examining bodies that may ask such a question include the following:
Examining Bodies to ask the question “What are the classification of contracts?”
- Waec wassce Business Management
- Waec Wassce – Social Studies
- Cambridge International College (CIC) – Business Administration
- Institute of Commercial Management (ICM) – Business Administration
- And many others.
You Might Have Interest In The Following As Well:
- Qualities Of Money
- Problems Of Developing Countries – The Major Challenges Confronting Less Developed Nations
- Elements of a Valid Contract
- Meaning of Consideration
- Functions Of Commercial Banks
- Importance of Planning
- What is an organisational structure?
- The Meaning Of Law Of Contract
- What is the difference between a “Contract” and a “Promise”?
- Ways To Control Money Supply In An Economy
- Monetary Policy And Central Banking – Find Out The Roles That Your Central Bank Play To Boost The Cash Flow Of Your Business
- Features of a Private Limited Liability Company
- Sources Of Business Finance Available To Private Limited Liability Company
- Bill Of Exchange as a Negotiable Instrument
- Parties To A Bill Of Exchange In Kenya
- Techniques In Time Management In Ireland
- What Is A Brand And Its Benefits In The UK
- The Trade Unions Congress Ghana
I believe Educareguide has been of help to you with regard to your subject of concern. Also, there are many other contents we have available to help you in your education.
Furthermore, if there is any contribution/comment/concern that you would want to make, it is warmly welcome on our site. Simply proceed to Login/Register to submit your post.
Now, please, subscribe to Educareguide and contact us for further assistance for your education. Finally, fill the contact form on the sidebar to reach us.
Nevertheless, do not forget to pass a comment in the comment section below. Indeed, we will gladly appreciate knowing how you think about this article. Thanks.Share With Others