This guide gives you all the details you need to know about the Cluster Points for Medicine in UON.
Indeed, everyone interested in seeking admission to the University of Nairobi can now proceed and read along to know about the medicine courses offered at UON and the requirement.
First, let us find out whether the University of Nairobi offers Medicine as a program for Undergraduate students.
Please find all the details right below.
Click For The Summary Of This Guide
Does The University Of Nairobi Offer Medicine Courses?
Now, does UON offer a Medicine program to students?
Indeed, the University of Nairobi offers Medicine as a program to students at the University.
For this reason, those who passed the KSCE and other related Examinations can always apply to read these programs at the University.
Interestingly, we found out that the University runs the following degree course in MEDICINE for students.
- Bachelor of Medicine and
- Bachelor of Surgery
Study Duration, University of Nairobi Clinical Medicine
Firstly, you should note that the course shall be full-time and extend over six academic years.
Remember that you will do a total of 204 weeks spread over 30 weeks for the first and second years.
Furthermore, you will do 36 weeks each for the third to the sixth year of study, totalling 8,160 hours.
UON Medicine Course Entry Requirements
Candidates or applicants who wish to study for a bachelor of science degree in Medicine shall meet the University’s minimum requirement.
In this regard, the faculty requires you to have:
- Biology (B minus)
- English or Kiswahili (B minus)
- Mathematics or Physics (B minus)
- Chemistry (B minus)
Requirement For Self Sponsored Students
Interestingly, you can choose to be a Self Sponsored student at the University.
In this case, the University Senate, through the school admissions committee, must approve your Admission to read the programme.
Remember that the University admits students based on these set minimum requirements for the Medicine program.
For purposes of this guide, we will help you to understand the admission requirements for:
- KCSE certificate holders; and
- Advanced Level Certificate holders
KCSE Holders, UON Medicine Admission Requirements
First, let us look at the requirement for KCSE holders as in the regular program.
Notably, KCSE holders should have an average of B (minus) in the four (4) cluster subjects we indicated above.
Also, ensure that no subject in the cluster shall have a score below C+ (plus).
Now let us note the University of Nairobi admission requirement for Advanced Level Certificate Holders who want to read Medicine.
Advanced Level Certificate, UON Medicine Entry Requirements
Secondly, let us examine the requirements for Advanced Level Certificate Holders applicants.
Likewise, you must have A minimum of 2 principal passes, one in Biology and the other in Chemistry.
Furthermore, you must have at least one (1) subsidiary pass in Mathematics or Physics.
Cluster Point for Medicine at the University of Nairobi
When it comes to the Cluster Points for Medicine at UON, please note that you qualify to read the program when you get at least a B minus in the requisite subjects areas that you studied.
Nevertheless, please realize that every University of Nairobi course has a cluster point, and thus, the Medicine program is no exception.
Therefore, the current general cluster point for MEDICINE courses at the University of Nairobi is 45.8.
I believe you have all the information you desire on Cluster Points for Medicine at UON. Nevertheless, these guides below will be relevant for you as well.
You Might Have Interest In The Following As Well:
- UON Online Application Process, How To Secure Your Admission At University of Nairobi
- Are UON Admission Letters Out, Find Out If UON Has Released Admission List
- UON Admission Letters, How To Get Your UON Admission
- Business Courses Offered At UON – the University Of Nairobi Here Are
- General arts courses at UON – University of Nairobi
- UON Eclass Student Portal Login – Full Guide On University Of Nairobi E-Learning Platform
- Cluster Points For Clinical Medicine At Egerton University
- How To Apply For Admission at Egerton University
- Does Egerton University have Hostel Facilities? Check it out
- Egerton University E-learning Portal Login Page
- Egerton University Courses And Cluster Points
- Check Admission Status at Egerton University – Admission Portal Login Page
- TUK Elearning Portal Login – Technical University Of Kenya Student Online
- Does TUK Offer Certificate Courses?
- Technical University Of Kenya Diploma Courses
- University of Eldoret Online Admission Process
- Mmust Online Application Process
- Kibabii Online Application Process
I believe Educareguide has helped you to understand this subject matter. Also, there is much more information available on our website to help you in your education.
Furthermore, if there is any contribution or comment, or concern that you would want to make, it is warmly welcomed on our site. Simply proceed to Login or Register to submit your post.
Now, please, subscribe to Educareguide and contact us for further assistance with your education. Finally, fill out the contact form on the sidebar to reach us.
Nevertheless, do not forget to pass a comment in the comment section below. Indeed, we will gladly appreciate knowing what you think about this article. Thanks.