This guide gives you all the details you need to know about the Cluster Point for Medicine at Jkuat.
Indeed, everyone interested in seeking admission to the Jomo Kenyatta University of Agriculture and Technology can now proceed and read along to know about the medicine courses offered at JKUAT and the requirement.
First, let us find out whether the Jomo Kenyatta University of Agriculture and Technology offers Medicine as a program for Undergraduate students.
Please find all the details right below.
Click For The Summary Of This Guide
Does Jkuat Offer Medicine Course?
Does The Jomo Kenyatta University of Agriculture and Technology Offer Medicine courses to students?
Indeed, the Jomo Kenyatta University of Agriculture and Technology offers Medicine as a program to students at the University.
For this reason, those who passed the KCSE and other related Examinations can always apply to read these programs at the University.
Interestingly, we found out that the University runs the following degree course in MEDICINE for students.
- Bachelor of Clinical Medicine and
- Bachelor of Surgery
Study Duration For Medicine At Jkuat
The duration for studying Clinical Medicine and Surgery at JKUAT is (six) 6 years.
For this reason, the University adequately prepares you to acquire all the competencies you need as a medical practitioner. Also, it makes you endure the demands associated with the medical practice in a country like Kenya and the world over.
Jkuat Medicine Course Entry Requirements
Interestingly, the University admits various categories of students who apply to study in this program.
Thus, applicants to the Medical Program at Jkuat can be:
- KCSE Certificate Holders;
- Advanced Level Certificate Holders;
- Diploma in Clinical Medicine Certificate Holders; and
- Degree holders in the Field of Biological Sciences.
Now check out the detailed requirements from these categories of applicants below.
KCSE Applicants, Requirements To Study Medicine At Jkuat
To pursue this course, KCSE applicants must meet the following minimum requirements:
First, you must obtain an average of B+ plus in:
- Physics/ mathematics
- English/ Kiswahili
- Physics/ mathematics
Therefore, Cluster Point for Medicine at Jkuat is 40.9 and thus, this is okay to gain admission.
Advanced Level Certificate Holders, Medicine Course Requirement At Jkuat
Advanced level holders should have a minimum of 2 principal passes in Biology and Chemistry and one subsidiary pass in Physics/Mathematics.
Meanwhile, you must obtain a Credit pass in English.
Diploma in Clinical Medicine Certificate Holders, Requirement To Read Medicine At Jkuat
Likewise, Diploma in Clinical Medicine certificate holders must have a minimum of:
First, “O” level Division 11 or C+ plus mean grade
In addition to that, you must obtain a Credit pass, that is, C+ in the cluster subjects in KCSE examination.
Also, you can apply with a Credit pass in the professional qualification from a recognized Medical Training Institution.
Applicants With Degree In Biological Sciences
Interestingly, you can also apply if you hold any degree in the biological sciences from Jkuat.
Not only Jkuat, but you can also apply with equivalent qualifications from a university recognized by Jkuat.
Cut off Points for Medicine at JKUAT
Nevertheless, please realize that every University or Professional institution has a cut-off point for their courses.
Thus, the Medicine program at Jakut is no exception.
In this regard, the cluster point for studying Medicine at JKUAT is 40.9
Do the Relevant Regulatory Bodies Recognize JKUAT’s School Of Medicine?
Yes, JKUAT’s School of Medicine is recognized and accredited by the Medical Practitioners and Dentists Board (MPDB) and other relevant regulatory bodies in Kenya.
Are there Scholarships or Financial Aid Available For Medical Students at JKUAT?
Indeed, Jkuat provides various scholarships and financial aid opportunities.
Here, eligibility and availability of scholarships can vary, so it is advisable to check with the university’s financial aid office for specific details.
I believe you have all the information you desire on Cluster Points for Medicine at Jkuat.
Nevertheless, these guides below will be relevant for you as well.
You Might Have Interest In The Following As Well:
- Jkuat Student Portal Login – Jomo Kenyatta University Of Agriculture And Technology
- Jkuat Admission Process Online, Steps To Follow To Gain Admission At Jomo Kenyatta University of Agriculture and Technology
- JKUAT Portal Password Reset, How To Reset You Login Password At Jomo Kenyatta University Of Agriculture And Technology
- UON Online Application Process – University of Nairobi
- Business Courses Offered At UON – University Of Nairobi Here Are
- General arts courses at UON – University of Nairobi
- UON Eclass Student Portal Login – Full Guide On University Of Nairobi E-Learning Platform
- University of Eldoret Online Admission Process
- Mmust Online Application Process
- Kibabii Online Application Process
- Moi University courses and cluster points
- Genera Arts Courses At Moi University
- Business courses at Moi University
- Kibu Elearning Portal – Kibabii University
- Mesano University E-learning Student Portal Login Page
- Egerton University E-learning Portal Login Page
- Moi University Student Portal Login
I believe Educareguide has helped you to understand this subject matter. Also, our website has much other information to help you in your education.
Furthermore, any contribution, comment, or concern you would want to make is warmly welcomed on our site. Simply proceed to Login or Register to submit your post.
Now, please, subscribe to Educareguide and contact us for further assistance with your education. Finally, please fill out the contact form on the sidebar to reach us.
Nevertheless, do not forget to pass a comment in the comment section below. Indeed, we will gladly appreciate knowing what you think about this article. Thanks.