This guide gives you the UDS Medicine Cut Off Point and all the other details you need to know about the Medicine Course At the University Of Developmental Studies.
Therefore, you will read details such as:
- The Admission Requirements;
- How to apply;
- The Nature and Duration of the program;
- The Cut Off Point; and
- The Admission Fees
First, let us find out whether the University of Development Studies offers Medicine as a program for Undergraduate students.
Please find all the details right below.
Click For The Summary Of This Guide
Does UDS Offer Medicine?
Now, does the University of Developmental Studies Offer Medicine Courses to students?
Indeed, the University of Developmental Studies offers Medicine as a program to students at the University.
For this reason, those who passed the WASSCE and other related Examinations can always apply to read these programs at the University.
Interestingly, we found out that the University runs the following degree course in MEDICINE for students.
- Bachelor of Medicine and
- Bachelor of Surgery
Duration Of Study, Medicine At The University For Developmental Studies
Applicants seeking to read Bachelor of Medicine will study the program for four (4) years, after which you will continue to do an additional two (2) years, plus 1-year Housemanship.
Remember that the Housemanship is just like National Service that other graduates do.
Therefore, the medical program at the UDS-SMHS is a 6-year program run using the PBLmethodology.
Also, the Medicine program at UDS is a full-time course, and the first part lasts for four years.
UDS Medicine Course Entry Requirements
Indeed, the UDS has rigorous admission standards for medicine applicants.
Interestingly, the University accepts applications from the following category of applicants:
- WASSCE or SSCE Applicants
- IGCSE A Level, Cambridge Applicants
- GCE A levels, Cambridge Applicants
- Any External Qualifications Equivalent To WASSCE as recognized by the National Accreditation Board
Now let us begin with the detailed admission requirements for Wassce Applicants.
Wassce Applicants, Admission Requirement Study Medicine At UCC
Officially, every student with credit passes legally qualifies for admission to read Medicine at UCC.
However, realities demand that you must meet the following minimum requirements:
First, you must obtain A1 in all your Elective Subjects, namely:
- English Language;
- Integrated Science; and
- Social Studies.
Not only the Core subject, but you must have A1 in three of the elective subjects, namely:
- Physics; or
- Elective Mathematics
Prospective students with the following qualifications can also seek admission into the School.
A Leve And O Levels Applicants, Medicine Admission Requirements At UCC
First, these applicants must have at least credit passes their Core subject, name:
- English Language;
- Additional Mathematics; and
- General Science
In addition to that, you must obtain quality passes in the relevant Elective subjects, name:
- Chemistry; and
- Physics; or
Cut Off Points For Medicine At UDS
Indeed, you qualify for admission if you obtain simple credit passes in the relevant subjects mentioned above.
Nevertheless, please realize that the University of Professional Studies course has a cut-off point for every program, of which the Medicine program is no exception.
Therefore, the cut-off point for Wassce applicants to read Medicine at UDS is aggregate 9.
I believe you have all the information you desire on Cluster Points for Medicine at UDS. Nevertheless, these guides below will be relevant for you as well.
You Might Have Interest In The Following As Well:
- UDS Courses And Cut Off Points
- Does UDS Accept D7 – Find Out Whether You Qualify For Admission With D7 At UDS
- When Is UDS Reopening – University For Development Studies
- ucm.uds.edu.gh Student Portal Login, University For Development Studies Online Platform
- UDS Student Portal Login – University For Development Studies
- Does Legon Accept D7 grade – University of Ghana
- Is D7 accepted in UCC – University of Cape Coast
- Admission Requirements at Legon – UG – University of Ghana
- General Admission requirement at UCC – University of Cape Coast
- Home Economics courses offered in KNUST
- Art Courses at KNUST – Kwame Nkrumah University of Science and Technology
- KNUST Student Login Portal – Kwame Nkrumah University of Science and Technology
- Home Economics courses at Legon – University of Ghana
- General Arts courses at Legon – University of Ghana
- Science Courses at Legon – University of Ghana
I believe Educareguide has been of help to you with regard to your subject of concern. Also, there are many other contents we have available to help you in your education.
Furthermore, if there is any contribution/comment/concern that you would want to make, it is warmly welcome on our site. Simply proceed to Login/Register to submit your post.
Now, please, subscribe to Educareguide and contact us for further assistance with your education. Finally, fill out the contact form on the sidebar to reach us.
Nevertheless, do not forget to pass a comment in the comment section below. Indeed, we will gladly appreciate knowing what you think about this article. Thanks.