Educareguide has written all the details about Home Economics Courses Offered In KNUST – Kwame Nkrumah University of Science and Technology.
Indeed, the Colonial government of Ghana established the Kwame Nkrumah University of Science and Technology in Ghana.
Thus, many students, especially those in Senior High School, desire to enter into such a respected tertiary educational institution.
Usually, it is pretty competitive to gain admission for Home Economics Courses In KNUST. Because KNUST is a predominantly science-based university, home science is a program of high interest to applicants.
Assuredly, we will explore the various courses that Home Economics students can study at KNUST – Kwame Nkrumah University of Science and Technology.
After that, we will proceed to look at the grades you should obtain in WASSSCE or your Senior High School examination to qualify for admission to KNUST.
KNUST Home Economics Courses And Requirements
In the meantime, let’s focus on Wassce students who have completed school. First of all, WASSCE applicants must get at least from A1 to C6 in all the subjects that they write.
For this reason, you must obtain from A1 to C6 in all your four core subjects at Senior High School.
In addition, you should also get from A1 to C6 in all your elective subjects studied at High School. As usual, please note that Kwame Nkrumah University of Science and Technology uses your best three core subjects and best three elective subjects to compute your aggregate.
Notably, the university will use English, Core Mathematics and Integrated Science to admit students for Science related programs.
However, the university uses English, Core Mathematics and Social Studies to admit students for humanity related programs.
Now let’s look at the List of Home Economics Programs Offered at KNUST or Kwame Nkrumah University of Science and Technology.
List of Courses For Home Economics Students At UST – Kumasi
Indeed, Home Economics students qualify to read the following Courses in KNUST. Specifically, here are the courses for home economics students at Kwame Nkrumah University of Science and Technology:
- Development Planning
- Human Settlement Planning
- BFA Painting and Sculpture
- CERAMICS (Industrial Art)
- CERAMIC TECHNOLOGY (Industrial Art)
- Metalsmithing and Jewellery Technology (Industrial Art)
- Textile Design and Technology
- Fashion Design
- Integrated Rural Art and Industry
- Publishing Studies
- Communication Design (Graphic Design)
- Hospitality and Tourism Management LLB
- LLB (Degree Holders Only) (Fee-Paying)
- Culture and Tourism
- Political Studies
- French and Francophone Studies (BA. French)
- Akan Language and Culture (BA. Akan)
- Communication Studies
- Geography and Rural Development.
- Social Work
- Religious Studies
- Packaging Technology
The above shows that Home Economics students have some programmes to choose from at the university in Kumasi – Ghana.
Nevertheless, you must remember that you need to obtain suitable grades to meet the university’s admission requirements.
Meanwhile, I also know that many SHS home economics graduates will want to find about nursing school admission in Ghana.
Thus, check the list of nursing training colleges in Ghana here, where you will find out the list of nursing courses you can study and how you can apply for nursing training in Ghana.
Indeed, you will realize that the nursing training online application steps are completely detailed for you and even many more guides on nursing admission in Ghana.
The Kwame Nkrumah University of Science and Technology KNUST Courses and Cut Off Points
Though every student who obtains from aggregate 6 to 36 has the right to be admitted. Nevertheless, the lack of resources makes it necessary for the university to adopt a cut off point for every program.
For example, in recent years, the KNUST general cut off point has been aggregate 24.
Usually, the number of applicants for a particular program and the vacancies available in the university will determine the cut-off point. For this reason, you must work diligently to make the best grades to gain admission.
Thus, the cutoff point of Kwame Nkrumah University of Science and Technology, KNUST Admission is not static.
Usually, I must say that KNUST courses and fees for Home Economics programs are pretty on the high side than that of General Arts courses at KNUST.
You Might Have Interest In The Following As Well:
- How to apply for admission at Knust – Kwame Nkrumah University Of Science and Technology
- Is Knust Form Out
- Check Admission Status At Knust
- Knust Courses And Grades 2021 – Kwame Nkrumah University Of Science and Technology Programme
- Business Administration Courses In KNUST
- Business Courses In KNUST
- Is D7 Accepted In KNUST – Admission Requirements For SHS Students
- General Arts Courses At KNUST
- KNUST Student Login Portal – Kwame Nkrumah University of Science and Technology
- When Is Knust reopening 2021/2022
- TTU Degree Courses Offered – Takoradi Technical University Bachelor Programmes
- Courses Offered In UCC – University Of Cape Coast.
- Courses Offered At Legon – University of Ghana – UG
- UDS Courses And Cut Off Points – University For Development Studies
- BCom UCC Admission Requirements – Bachelor Of Commerce
- Business Courses In Legon – the University Of Ghana List Of Programs Offered To Business Students
- General Arts courses at UCC – University of Cape Coast
- Home Economics courses at Legon – University of Ghana
- General Arts courses at Legon – University of Ghana
- Science Courses at Legon – University of Ghana
I believe Educareguide has been of help to you concerning your subject of concern. Also, there are many other contents we have available to help you in your education.
Furthermore, if there is any contribution/comment/concern that you would want to make, it is warmly welcome on our site. Thus proceed to Login/Register to submit your post.
Now, please, subscribe to Educareguide and contact us for further assistance for your education. Finally, please fill the contact form on the sidebar to reach us.
Nevertheless, do not forget to pass a comment in the comment section below. Indeed, we will gladly appreciate knowing how you think about this article. Thanks.Share With Others