The University of Cape Coast makes these UCC Masters Courses Requirements to inform applicants seeking admission into the university for the 2021/2022 Academic Year.
Here in this guide, you will be able to find out the qualifications you must possess to gain admission to read the following categories of Masters programmes at UCC:
- Masters Programs, Regular
- Mphil Programmes, Distance
- Postgraduate Programmes, Distance
- Mphil Programmes, Regular
- Postgraduate Programmes, Sandwich
- Mphil Programmes, Sandwich
Apart from regular and distance learning students, the university admits sandwich students as well.
Click For The Summary Of This Guide
General Requirement For Applicants, UCC Masters
Now, what is the admission requirement for applicants who want to read postgraduate programs at UCC?
Specifically, we will first look at the admission requirements for first-degree holders applying to read Masters at UCC.
Remember that the qualification for reading Masters programmes on a Regular basis is the same as that of Sandwich and distance learning applicants.
Thus, check the entry requirements in detail right below.
Requirements For Applicants Possessing First Degree
Factually, first degree holders must possess the following qualifications to read UCC masters or postgraduate programmes.
- First Class Degree in a recognized and accredited university
- Second Class upper Degree in a recognized and accredited university
- Second Lower Degree in a recognized and accredited university
- In some cases, a minimum of 2 years of work experience in a relevant field.
- Furthermore, it would help if you remembered that your first-degree program should be relevant to the Masters programme that you are applying for at UCC.
As a word of caution, do not make Second Class Lower your target when reading your first degree.
Furthermore, you should note that the admission requirement for the UCC masters programme changes from year to year, depending on the situation.
Now find out from below whether third class holders have any chance of gaining admission to read masters at UCC.
Does UCC Accept Third Class Degree For Masters
Surprisingly, 3rd Class holders still have a certain slim chance to read the Masters program at UCC.
Really, how is that possible? Indeed, it is likely because the university may accept a third Class for a masters course.
Now, relax and let us brief you on the opportunity for third graduates to read a postgraduate course at the University of Cape Coast.
Thus, the requirements that 3rd class students should have to get admission to study a masters program in UCC are below.
Third Class Applicants, UCC Masters Courses
If you hold a third class first degree, then you can get admission to read UCC Masters courses requirements by fulling the following requirements:
- You must have a first-degree qualification that is more than three (3) years old. In this regard, you should have your first degree certificate four (4) years before the date that you are applying for the masters’ admission.
- You must have work experience of 3 years and above. Thus, the work experience becomes an additional qualification that the university will assess your eligibility to read the postgraduate course.
- Mostly, your 1st degree should be closely related to the 2nd-degree course that you are applying to study. Honestly, that will convince the university that you can excel in the program you are applying for.
You Might Have Interest In The Following As Well:
- UCC Postgraduate Courses And Programmes
- Mphil Programmes At UCC
- Can Third Class Degree Do Masters In Ghana?
- When Is UCC Reopening 2020/2021 – University Of Cape Coast Date
- List Of UCC Education Courses – University Of Cape Coast
- BCom Accounting UCC Requirements – University Of Cape Coast
- Bachelor of Commerce – Bcom UCC Admission Requirements – Bachelor Of Commerce
- BCom Human Resource Management UCC Requirements – University Of Cape Coast
- BA Economics UCC Requirements – University Of Cape Coast
- University Of Cape Coast (UCC) Student Login Portal
- UCC Percentage Of Fee University Of Cape Coast
- Percentage Of Fee To Pay Before You Can Register – University Of Ghana
- Can I Read Education Program-University Of Ghana-Legon?
I believe Educareguide has been of help to you with regard to your subject of concern. Also, there are many other contents we have available to help you in your education.
Furthermore, if there is any contribution/comment/concern that you would want to make, it is warmly welcome on our site. Simply proceed to Login/Register to submit your post.
Now, please, subscribe to Educareguide and contact us for further assistance for your education. Finally, fill the contact form on the sidebar to reach us.
Nevertheless, do not forget to pass a comment in the comment section below. Indeed, we will gladly appreciate knowing how you think about this article. Thanks.