BCom UCC Admission Requirements – Educareguide considers it important to brief prospective students on Bachelor of Commerce (i.e. B Comm) admission requirements at UCC (University Of Cape Coast).
Truly, the B.Com course or program is the topmost among the University of Cape Coast courses.
As a result, it is the preference of most business students at SHS. Indeed, the University of Cape Coast is a very reputable institution in Ghana and has very high popularity.
As a result, many students, especially, those who complete Senior High School, dream or desire to enter into such a respected academic institution to read Bcomm.
In this article, we will explore the various programs or courses under the Bachelor of Commerce and the exact entry requirements for WASSCE students.
Click For The Summary Of This Guide
UCC Business Courses Under B.Com (Bachelor of Commerce)
- First, Bachelor of Commerce in Accounting (B.Com Accounting)
- Second, Bachelor of Commerce in Finance (B.Com Finance)
- Bachelor of Commerce in Human Resource Management (B.Com Human Resource Management)
- Then, Bachelor of Commerce in Management (B.Com Management)
Core Subjects Requirements – B.Com UCC
Before you can gain admission to read B.Com at UCC, the admission requirements for core subjects are as follows:
- English A1-C6
- Core Mathematics A1-C6
- Integrated Science A1-C6
- Social Studies A1-C6
Because a Bachelor of Commerce is among the humanities courses or programs at the University of Cape Coast, social studies is usually used to compute your aggregate to assess you for BCom UCC Admission Requirements.
Nevertheless, you must obtain a credit pass (i.e. A1 to C6) in Integrated Science to qualify for this program. Check our site for full WAEC Result Interpretation.
Elective Subjects Requirements – BCom At UCC
In Addition to the above four core subjects, applicants seeking to gain admission to read BCom at UCC must get credit passes in three business elective subjects (i.e. Financial Accounting; Business Management; Cost Accounting; Economics; Elective Mathematics).
Henceforth, you should get at least a C6 in all elective subjects.
Also, you must realize that the maximum number of aggregate to obtain to qualify for admission is aggregate 36 (most often, there are variations, depending on the situation).
Surely, the university computes your aggregate by taking your best 3 core subjects and your best three elective subjects.
Thereupon, the sum of all your six grades constitutes your aggregate.
B.Com Entry Requirements UCC Cut Off Point
Though the university has set the maximum aggregate at 36. Nevertheless, it reserves the right to set specific cut off points from year to year.
Notably, the specific requirements set is dependent on the performance of applicants and the capacity of the university in that specific year.
For example, the university can set the maximum for Bachelor of Commerce in Accounting, in a particular year at an aggregate 10.
Factually, the cut off point for Bachelor of Commerce in Accounting (B.Com Accounting) for the 2020/2021 academic year is aggregate 13. Check out the full list of Programs/Courses and their cut off points from our site.
You Might Have Interest In The Following As Well:
- Bachelor of Commerce – Bcom UCC Admission Requirements – Bachelor Of Commerce
- BCom Human Resource Management UCC Requirements – University Of Cape Coast
- BA Economics UCC Requirements – University Of Cape Coast
- Check your WAEC results – How to check your BECE and WASSCE results
- When Is UCC Reopening 2020/2021 – University Of Cape Coast Date
- List Of UCC Education Courses – University Of Cape Coast
- University Of Cape Coast (UCC) Student Login Portal
- UCC Percentage Of Fee University Of Cape Coast
- Percentage Of Fee To Pay Before You Can Register – University Of Ghana
- UEW Student Portal Login University of Education, Winneba
- Student Login Portal – KNUST – Kwame Nkrumah University of Science and Technology
- Student Login Portal – UDS – University For Development Studies
- Can I Read Education Program-University Of Ghana-Legon?
- TTU Portal Login – Takoradi Technical University
I believe Educareguide has been of help to you with your subject of concern. Also, we have many other contents available to help you in your education.
Furthermore, if there is any contribution/comment/concern that you would want to make, it is warmly welcome on our site. Simply proceed to Login/Register to submit your post.
Now, please, subscribe to Educareguide and contact us for further assistance with your education. Finally, please fill out the contact form on the sidebar to reach us.
Nevertheless, do not forget to pass a comment in the comment section below. Indeed, we will gladly appreciate knowing what you think about this article. Thanks.