There are many Admission Requirements for applicants who want to read Degree courses at UCC.
Honestly, these multiple entry requirements give applicants the option to apply with the highest and most relevant qualification he/she possesses.
This guide will explore these categories of applicants and the entry qualification for admission into the University of Cape Coast.
Now, which type of qualifications can I use to apply for a degree course admission at UCC?
Please find the UCC Degree Courses admission requirements right below.
UCC Admission Requirements For Degree Programs
As indicated above, the University of Cape Coast admits students with different qualifications to read degree programs.
Interestingly, it is not so difficult to meet the degree courses admission requirements at UCC, looking at the details below.
In this regard, you can apply to study a degree program at UCC with any of the following qualifications or certificates:
- Wassce or SSSCE Applicants
- GCE/GBCE Applicants
- IGCSE and International Baccalaureate Applicants
Now let us take this set of qualifications one after the other and examine them.
Wassce Applicants, Admission Requirements At UCC
Notably, the Minimum Admission Requirement into the University of Cape Coast for Wassce applicants is an aggregate of 24.
However, applicants with an aggregate of 36 may gain admission to read certain programs in some instances.
WASSCE applicants must have credit passes or better (i.e. A1- C6) in three(3) Core Subjects, namely:
- English Language;
- Integrated Science; or Social Studies
Furthermore, you should possess at least credit passes (i.e. A1 to C6) in their (3) elective subjects.
Remember that your elective subjects must relate to the program you want to read.
SSSCE Applicants, Admission Requirements At UCC
Likewise, SSSCE applicants must have a minimum of an aggregate of 24 to gain admission easily at UCC.
Therefore, SSSCE applicants must have at least credit passes or better (i.e. A- D) in all your Core Subjects, namely:
- English Language;
- Integrated Science, or Social Studies
Also, applicants should obtain at least three credit passes (i.e. A-D) in their relevant Elective Subjects.
General Certificate of Education (GCE) applicants must meet these requirements:
- First, you must have obtained the certificate not more than three years ago.
- Second, should have at least credit passes in five (5) GCE ‘O’ Level subjects, including English and Mathematics).
- Third, you must have at least two (2) passes in the relevant subjects.
Also, Applicants with the General Business Certificate Examination (GBCE) results should have credit passes (A-D) in six (6) subjects.
Here, the six subjects should comprise three (3) core subjects, including:
- English Language; and
In addition to that, you should obtain credit passes (A-D) in the three (3) relevant elective subjects requirements for the course you intend to read.
IGCSE And International Baccalaureate Applicants
Interestingly, the university has not left out Holders of the International General Certificate of Secondary Education (IGCSE).
Likewise, they did not leave out the International Baccalaureate (IB) holders.
Notably, this category of applicants must possess at least Grades A*/A-C in:
- Mathematics; and
- Biology at the Standard (SL)/’O’ Level.
In addition to that, you must have three Higher Level (HL-A to C) in A’ Level (A to D).
Also, those with International Baccalaureate, IB should score at (A to C) grades in the relevant subjects of the program.
Despite all that said, applicants should read specific Departmental and programme requirements in the UCC Admissions Brochure before completing the online application.
You Might Have Interest In The Following As Well:
- How To Apply For Admission to Read Degree At UCC.
- How To Buy UCC Admission Forms
- UCC Awaiting Forms for applicants
- HND To Degree At UCC, How To Gain Admission To UCC With HND Certificate
- Bachelor of Commerce – Bcom UCC Admission Requirements – Bachelor Of Commerce
- BCom Human Resource Management UCC Requirements – University Of Cape Coast
- B.Ed Accounting At UCC, University of Cape Coast
- UCC Cut Off Points For Medicine, University Of Cape Coast
- BA Economics UCC Requirements – University Of Cape Coast
- UCC Bachelor Of Arts Course, At University of Cape Coast
- Check your WAEC results – How to check your BECE and WASSCE results
- When Is UCC Reopening 2020/2021 – University Of Cape Coast Date
- List Of UCC Education Courses – University Of Cape Coast
- University Of Cape Coast (UCC) Student Login Portal
- UCC Percentage Of Fee University Of Cape Coast
I believe Educareguide has been of help to you regarding your subject of concern. Also, there are many other contents available to help you in your education.
Furthermore, if there is any contribution/comment/concern that you would want to make, it is warmly welcome on our site. Thus proceed to Login/Register to submit your post.
Now, please, subscribe to Educareguide and contact us for further assistance with your education. Finally, fill out the contact form on the sidebar to reach us.
Nevertheless, do not forget to comment in the comment section below. Indeed, we will gladly appreciate knowing what you think about this article. Thanks.