Upon deep thought, we find it essential to brief prospective students about all details of the Bachelor of Education in Accounting – i.e. B.Ed Accounting UCC course at the University Of Cape Coast.
Indeed, the B.Ed Accounting UCC course or program you should study if you want to teach Accounting at the Senior High School in Ghana.
As a result, B Ed in Accounting is a top-rated course among business students in Ghana.
Assuredly, this guide will help you to know:
- The Nature of the B Ed Accounting Program.
- The admission requirements to qualify to read B Ed Accounting.
- How To Apply to study Accounting Education at UCC.
Click For The Summary Of This Guide
What Is UCCC Bachelor Of Education In Accounting?
Already, I have explained that this is a program you should study if you desire to teach accounting at SHS in Ghana.
Not only that, but those who hold B Ed Accounting can also teach Cost Accounting at Senior High Schools in Ghana.
Furthermore, holders of B.Ed Accounting certificates can work as full-time career Accountants in any business organisation.
Now let us explore the exact entry requirements for B Ed Accounting at the university.
B Ed UCC – Grades You Should Obtain In Core Subjects
Before gaining admission to read B.Ed (Accounting) at UCC, the Entry Requirements for core subjects are as follows:
- English A1-C6
- Core Mathematics A1-C6
- Integrated Science A1-C6
- Social Studies A1-C6
Notably, Bachelor of Education is among the humanities courses or programs at the University of Cape Coast.
Thus, the university uses typically Social Studies to calculate your aggregate.
Nevertheless, you must obtain a credit pass (i.e. A1 to C6) in Integrated Science to qualify for admission.
Also, remember that UCC accounting courses are very competitive programs. Check our site for full WAEC Result Interpretation.
Elective Subjects Requirements – B Ed Accounting UCC
Also, B Ed Accounting applicants at UCC must get credit passes in three elective subjects, including accounting.
Generally, it would be best to get at least C6 in all elective subjects. Also, it would be best if you realised that possessing good grades in these subjects at SHS will enhance your chances of securing admission:
- Cost Accounting
- Elective Maths
Nevertheless, applicants possing other alternative subject requirements can also try their luck, though I advise against it.
Now let us check the actual cut-off point for B.Ed Accounting at UCC.
Cut Off Point For B Ed Account At UCC
Even though the university sets the maximum admission aggregate at 24.
Nevertheless, the university reserves the right to set specific cut off points from year to year.
Usually, the specific requirements set for the UCC Bachelor of Education (accounting) depend on applicants’ performance for a specific year.
Apart form that, it also depends on the university’s capacity in that specific year in review.
Therefore, the university can set the maximum for Bachelor of Education (Accounting) in a particular year at an aggregate 13.
Factually, the cut-off point for Bachelor of Education in Accounting (B.Ed Accounting) for the 2020/2021 academic year is aggregate 15. Check out the full list of Programs/Courses and their cut off points at UCC from our site.
What Is The Difference Between B.Ed Accounting And B.Com In UCC?
Factually speaking, a Bachelor of Accounting at UCC can either be a Bachelor of Commerce in Accounting or A Bachelor of Education in Accounting.
Therefore Bachelor of Accounting is broader than a Bachelor of Education in accounting.
Very importantly, students who want to enrol in either of these programs should note the following:
- First, you need to study B.Ed Accounting if you aim at gaining employment to teach Accounting in Ghana.
- Students who read B.Com Accounting cannot work as teachers in Educational institutions in Ghana due to lack of education as a component of their course.
Now does this make B.Ed Accounting courses better than BA Accounting courses? Find the answer right below.
The Duration Of Study, B Ed Accounting
Generally, it takes four years to study most first degree courses at the University of Cape Coast.
However, the actual duration of study for a program is dependent on your entry certificate.
Thus, students who enter with Wassce Certificates will use four years to complete this program.
However, those who enter with HND will use three or Two years to complete the program.
What Will I Study In B Ed Accounting?
Now let us find out some of the major courses you will study when you enrol in the B Ed Accounting program at UCC.
If you decide to read B.Ed Accounting in UCC, or any other university, these are some of the courses you will study to graduate:
- Intermediate Accounting
- Managerial Accounting
- Financial Management
- Business Law
- Quantitative Methods
- Advanced Accounting
- Educational Philosophy
- Educational Teaching Methods
- Social Foundations of Education
We believe you have all the details you need to know about the B.Ed Accounting course offered at UCC.
You Might Have Interest In The Following As Well:
- How To Apply For Admission to Read Degree At UCC.
- How To Buy UCC Admission Forms
- UCC Awaiting Forms for applicants
- Bachelor of Commerce – Bcom UCC Admission Requirements – Bachelor Of Commerce
- BCom Human Resource Management UCC Requirements – University Of Cape Coast
- BA Economics UCC Requirements – University Of Cape Coast
- Check your WAEC results – How to check your BECE and WASSCE results
- When Is UCC Reopening 2020/2021 – University Of Cape Coast Date
- List Of UCC Education Courses – University Of Cape Coast
- University Of Cape Coast (UCC) Student Login Portal
- UCC Percentage Of Fee University Of Cape Coast
- Percentage Of Fee To Pay Before You Can Register – University Of Ghana
- UEW Student Portal Login University of Education, Winneba
- Student Login Portal – KNUST – Kwame Nkrumah University of Science and Technology
- Student Login Portal – UDS – University For Development Studies
- Can I Read Education Program-University Of Ghana-Legon?
- TTU Portal Login – Takoradi Technical University
I believe Educareguide has been of help to you regarding your subject of concern. Also, there are many other contents available to help you in your education.
Furthermore, if there is any contribution/comment/concern that you would want to make, it is warmly welcome on our site. Thus proceed to Login/Register to submit your post.
Now, please, subscribe to Educareguide and contact us for further assistance for your education. Finally, fill out the contact form on the sidebar to reach us.
Nevertheless, do not forget to comment in the comment section below. Indeed, we will gladly appreciate knowing how you think about this article. Thanks.