There are many Admission Requirements for applicants who want to read Degree courses at Legon.
Honestly, these multiple entry requirements give applicants the option to apply with the highest and most relevant qualifications they possess.
This guide explores these categories of applicants and the entry qualification for admission into the University of Ghana.
Now, which type of qualifications can I use to apply for a degree course admission to Legon?
Please find all the Degree Courses admission requirements at Legon right below.
Legon Admission Requirements For Degree Programs
As indicated above, the University of Ghana, admits students with different qualifications to read degree programs.
Assuredly, it is not so difficult to meet the degree courses admission requirements at Legon, judging from the details below.
Therefore, you can apply to study a degree program at Legon with any of the following qualifications or certificates:
- Wassce Results Certificates
- SSSCE Results Certificates Applicants
- International Baccalaureate (IB)
- Cambridge A and O levels
- Higher National Diploma (HND)
Now let us take this set of qualifications one after the other and look into them.
Wassce Applicants, Admission Requirement For Degree At Legon
Notably, the Minimum Admission Requirement into the University of Ghana for Wassce applicants is an aggregate of 24.
However, applicants with an aggregate of 36 may gain admission to read certain programs in some instances.
WASSCE applicants must have credit passes or better (i.e. A1- C6) in three(3) Core Subjects, namely:
- English Language;
- Integrated Science; or Social Studies
Furthermore, you should possess at least credit passes (i.e. A1 to C6) in their (3) elective subjects.
Remember that your elective subjects must relate to the program you want to read.
SSSCE Applicants, Admission Requirements At Legon
Likewise, SSSCE applicants must have a minimum of an aggregate of 24 to gain admission easily to the Univesity of Ghana.
Therefore, SSSCE applicants must have at least credit passes or better (i.e. A- D) in all your Core Subjects, namely:
- English Language;
- Integrated Science, or Social Studies
Also, applicants should obtain at least three credit passes (i.e. A-D) in their relevant Elective Subjects.
Cambridge A and O levels
GCE (Cambridge) – ‘A’ and ‘O’ Levels Applicants must meet these requirements:
First, you should have at least a credit pass in three relevant subjects at the Cambridge ‘A’ Levels.
Therefore, you must have at least five (5) passes including English; and Mathematics at the Cambridge ‘O’ Level.
International Baccalaureate (IB)
interestingly, the University of Ghana welcomes applications from students who possess the IB Diploma Programme.
In this regard, those with International Baccalaureate, IB should score at least (A to C) grades in the relevant subjects of the program.
Remember that the university will admit you to level 100 to begin your program in any of these colleges:
- College of Health Sciences
- College of Basic and Applied Sciences
- College of Humanities
- College of Education
Diploma And HND Holders, Requirement To Read Degree At Legon
Interestingly, the University of Ghana, admits Post-Diploma applicants to study degree programs at level 300.
It means you will skip level 100 and level 200 of the program and enter straight at Level 300.
Thus, you will use two (2) years to study a four (4) year degree course at the University.
Now, such applicants must possess any of the following entry qualifications:
- First, you may possess at least Second Class Lower HND in any related programs from a recognized institution.
- Second, any related diploma from a recognized tertiary institution.
- Third, a Diploma in a related field from the University of Ghana.
- Fourth, any related certificate that the National Accreditation Authority (NAA), certifies as equivalent to a tertiary diploma in Ghana.
You Might Have Interest In The Following As Well:
- How to apply for admission at the University of Ghana
- Places where you can buy Legon Forms – University of Ghana
- How Do I Check My Admission Status At University Of Ghana 2020-2021?
- Human Resource Management Course In Legon
- University Of Ghana Courses And Fees For Continuing Students
- Banks For Legon Fee Payment, 2021/22
- Legon Fees 2021/2022 University Of Ghana
- When Will Legon Start Admission 2021
- How much is Legon fees for 2121 – University of Ghana fees – UG
- Banks for Legon fee payment
- When will Legon reopen
- Courses offered at Legon – UG
- General admission requirement at Legon – UG – University of Ghana
- Does Legon accept D7 for admission?
- Courses general arts students can apply for at Legon
- Courses that business students can apply for at Legon
- Home Economics courses at the University of Ghana
- Accounting Courses In Legon, Cut Off Point, University Of Ghana Admission Details
- Courses that science students can apply for at Legon
- University Of Ghana Online Application Form
- Entry Requirements For All Programs Of University Of Ghana
I believe Educareguide has been of help to you concerning your subject of concern. Also, there are many other contents we have available to help you in your education.
Furthermore, if there is any contribution/comment/concern that you would want to make, it is warmly welcome on our site. Thus proceed to Login/Register to submit your post.
Now, please, subscribe to Educareguide and contact us for further assistance with your education. Finally, please fill out the contact form on the sidebar to reach us.
Nevertheless, do not forget to pass a comment in the comment section below. Indeed, we will gladly appreciate knowing what you think about this article. Thanks.