The question that educareguide is addressing today is “What is the impact of indiscipline in the teaching learning process?”.
I can assure you that the answer to indiscipline which affects teaching and learning would be found right here.
Indiscipline, in its wide sense has been the underlining course of all the problems which confronts us in our various schools, communities, societies and the world at large.
Stay tuned and continue to read the article below.
The meaning of indiscipline:
Truly, what constitutes indiscipline or what is the meaning of indiscipline?
Collinsdictionary defines indiscipline as not exhibiting self control or good behaviour. Many other people have defined indiscipline in many ways.
Some have defined indiscipline as a set of behaviour that society, community, country or school outlaws and see as bad.
An indiscipline behaviour is that which a society does not accept or considers to be immoral, illegal or abnormal.
Others see indiscipline as a behaviour which deviates from the norm.
In simple terms, educareguide would define indiscipline as “a person’s inability and tendency to do the wrong thing whether hes/she is being supervised or not.
The impact of indiscipline in the teaching learning process:
What then is the impact of indiscipline in the teaching learning process? The first impact is that, there a direct correlation or relationship between indiscipline and academic failure.
Studies have shown that students who are disciplined are more likely to succeed in school that those who are indisciplined. Teaching and learning thrives in a disciplined environment.
Indisciplined teachers posses the following abnormal character:
- Some teachers allow their personal emotions overruns the professional judgement, thereby jeopardizing the education of the students. For example, some teachers develop sexual relationship with some of their students. This sort of behaviour leads to abnormal familiarity and mistrust.
- Indisciplined and incompetent teachers are unable to understand the specific needs of students so they can tailor their lessons to suit these needs.
Indisciplined students may also posse some of the behaviors below:
- Some students miss classes regularly.
- A section of students are indulge in the practice of watching pornography instead of learning.
- Sometimes, some students do not disobey the instructions of teachers, prefects, and school administration.
- Some students engage in extreme behaviors like rapping colleagues/class mates and consuming alcohol.
Looking at the above listed behavior, you would conclude that they all affect the teaching learning process.
It is absolutely true that Schools, Colleges and Universities must put everything in place to fight indiscipline.
Nevertheless, the home has a key role to play. As a people, we cannot build quality societies and nations without first building a quality home.
Children should be made to grow in homes and not in house. For the difference between a home and a house and its impact on education, check our educareguide article.
Discipline and successful teaching and learning process cannot be separated. Both concepts complement each other.
Every effort must therefore be put into attaining discipline and it will make teaching and learning a very easy task. Thank you very much.
You Might Have Interest In The Following As Well:
- When is waec 2021 registration starting?
- How To Check WAEC Result – How Do I Check My WASSCE Results Online
- Indiscipline In 2020 WASSCE Examination – Riots, Attacks, Etc.
- WASSCE Core Maths, Social Studies, Chemistry Leakage
- WAEC Orders Investigations Into Leakages – 2020 WASSCE Exams
- WAEC Leak The Identity Of Examiners On Social Media
- Best Home Economics SHS In Ghana – Ranking Of High Schools
- Elective Subjects In Home Economics At SHS
- General Art Courses In SHS – Here Are The List Of Subjects Offered
- When Will SHS 3 Students Go Back To School?
- When Will SHS Students Go To School After Vacation?
- When Will SHS 1 Students Go To School In 2021
I believe Educareguide has been of help to you with regards to your subject of concern. Also there are many other contents we have available to help you in your education.
Furthermore, if there is any contribution/comment/concern that you would want to make, it is warmly welcome on our site. Simply proceed to Login/Register to submit your post.
Now, please, subscribe to Educareguide and contact us for further assistance for your education. Finally, fill the contact form on the side bar to reach us.
Nevertheless, do not forget to pass a comment in the comment section below. Indeed, we will gladly appreciate to know how you think about this article. Thanks.