The question that educareguide is addressing today is “What is the impact of indiscipline in the teaching learning process?”.
I can assure you that you will find the answer to indiscipline that affects teaching and learning right here.
In its broad sense, indiscipline has been the underlining course of all the problems confronting us in our various schools, communities, societies, and the world at large.
Stay tuned and continue to read the article below.
Click For The Summary Of This Guide
The meaning of indiscipline:
Indeed, what constitutes indiscipline, or what is the meaning of indiscipline?
Some have defined indiscipline as behavior that society, community, country or school outlaws and see as bad.
An indisciplined behaviour is that society does not accept or consider immoral, illegal or abnormal.
Others see indiscipline as a behaviour that deviates from the norm.
In simple terms, Educareguide would define indiscipline as “a person’s inability and tendency to do the wrong thing whether hes/she is being supervised or not.
The Relationship Between Indiscipline And Teaching-Learning Process:
What then is the impact of indiscipline in the teaching-learning process? The first impact is a direct correlation or relationship between indiscipline and academic failure.
Studies have shown that disciplined students are more likely to succeed in school than those who are indisciplined. Teaching and learning thrive in a disciplined environment.
Indisciplined teachers possess the following abnormal character:
- Some teachers allow their personal emotions overruns their professional judgment, thereby jeopardizing the education of the students. For example, some teachers develop sexual relationships with some of their students. This sort of behaviour leads to abnormal familiarity and mistrust.
- Indisciplined and incompetent teachers cannot understand students’ specific needs so they can tailor their lessons to suit these needs.
Indisciplined students may also posse some of the behaviors below:
- Some students miss classes regularly.
- A section of students are indulge in the practice of watching pornography instead of learning.
- Sometimes, some students do not disobey the instructions of teachers, prefects, and school administration.
- Some students engage in extreme behaviors like rapping colleagues/class mates and consuming alcohol.
Looking at the above-listed behavior, you would conclude that they all affect the teaching-learning process.
Schools, Colleges, and Universities must put everything in place to fight indiscipline.
Nevertheless, the home has a key role to play. As a people, we cannot build quality societies and nations without first building a quality home.
Also, we should let our children grow up in homes and not in houses. For the difference between a home and a house and its impact on education, check our Educareguide article.
You cannot Discipline from successful teaching and learning process. Both concepts complement each other.
We must put every effort into discipline to make teaching and learning a straightforward task. Thank you very much.
You Might Have Interest In The Following As Well:
- When is waec 2021 registration starting?
- How To Check WAEC Result – How Do I Check My WASSCE Results Online
- Indiscipline In 2020 WASSCE Examination – Riots, Attacks, Etc.
- WASSCE Core Maths, Social Studies, Chemistry Leakage
- WAEC Orders Investigations Into Leakages – 2020 WASSCE Exams
- WAEC Leak The Identity Of Examiners On Social Media
- Best Home Economics SHS In Ghana – Ranking Of High Schools
- Elective Subjects In Home Economics At SHS
- General Art Courses In SHS – Here Are The List Of Subjects Offered
- When Will SHS 3 Students Go Back To School?
- When Will SHS Students Go To School After Vacation?
- When Will SHS 1 Students Go To School In 2021
I believe Educareguide has been of help to you with regards to your subject of concern. Also there are many other contents we have available to help you in your education.
Furthermore, if there is any contribution/comment/concern that you would want to make, it is warmly welcome on our site. Simply proceed to Login/Register to submit your post.
Now, please, subscribe to Educareguide and contact us for further assistance for your education. Finally, fill the contact form on the side bar to reach us.
Nevertheless, do not forget to pass a comment in the comment section below. Indeed, we will gladly appreciate to know how you think about this article. Thanks.