Educareguide finds it an absolute need to brief Junior High School students about general art courses in SHS.
Honestly, JHS candidates need to understand the various subjects combination under general arts and other fields of study at the Second Cycle Level of education.
Specifically, this article will concentrate on the art programs offered in various Senior High Schools in Ghana and across the world.
What courses under General Art can I study in SHS or High School? Please, find all the details right below.
Here Is The List Of General Arts Subjects In SHS
Certainly, High School students can study the following list of subjects in school.
- Christian Religious Studies – CRS
- Elective Mathematics – E-Maths
- Geography – Geog
- Literature in English – Lit
- Economics – Econs
- Twi – Either Asante Twi or Akuapim Twi
- Elective Physics
- Elective ICT
Course Combinations – Art Subjects In SHS
What are the subject combinations you can do under general arts in SHS?
Indeed, Ghana Education Service permits SHS students to usually select only four elective subjects, in addition to the four core subjects.
For this reason, you can not read all the elective subjects in General art above, and in this regard, you can select only four of them.
Furthermore, there are some subjects that you cannot combine with other subjects. If you do that, those subjects can conflict during the Wassce examination period.
Thus, it is the reason why Educareguide.com is here to guide you in your course selection at SHS – Senior High School.
Now, what are the subjects you cannot combine to study at SHS? Please find them right below.
Subject You Cannot Combine At SHS – Senior High Schools.
Senior High School Students cannot combine and study the following subjects in SHS:
- You cannot read Twi, Fante, and French at the same time
- Also, you cannot read Financial Account, Literature in English, and Elective Physics simultaneously.
- Again, you cannot read Management in Living, Business Management, and Physics simultaneously.
Which Course Is Best For Arts Students At High School
When it comes to which courses are best for art students at the SHS level, I will say that it depends on your capabilities, interest and aspirations in life.
For this reason, I will advise you to observe well and find out your areas of strength at the Junior High school level or primary level.
I mean that you will examine yourself and realize the subjects you had high interest in. Also, you will find out that it was easy for you to excel in those subject areas with a very minimum effort.
Thus, I will advise you to select an arithmetic course if your mathematics background and success at JHS are strong. In this way, you can then read general art subjects such as Elective Maths, Computer Science, and Economics.
However, for those who are very good at appreciating nature and human behaviours and activities, reading subjects such as history, CRS, Geography, and the government will help your future.
Also, I recommend reading subjects such as Literature, Fante, Twi, French, and other languages for fluent and good speakers.
Sincerely, reflect on your own life, and you will realize some of these things I’m talking about.
You Might Be Interested In The Following As Well
- General Prospectus for SHS – Senior High Schools in Ghana 2021
- Home economics courses in SHS
- Business courses in SHS
- WASSCE grading system and result interpretation
- WAEC Leak The Identity Of Examiners On Social Media
- WASSCE Core Maths, Social Studies, Chemistry Leakage
- Indiscipline In 2020 WASSCE Examination – Riots, Attacks, Etc.
- BCom Accounting UCC Requirements – University Of Cape Coast
- B Com Human Resource Management UCC Requirements – University Of Cape Coast
- List Of UCC Education Courses – University Of Cape Coast
- BA Economics UCC Requirements – University Of Cape Coast
- Business Management 2019 WASSCE-Past Questions and Answers
- General Arts Courses In Legon University Of Ghana
- Science Courses In Legon University Of Ghana
- Home Economics Courses Legon UG- University Of Ghana
- Core Mathematics 2019 WASSCE-Past Questions and Answers
I believe Educareguide has been of help to you concerning your subject of concern. Also, there are many other contents available to help you in your education.
Furthermore, if there is any contribution/comment/concern that you would want to make, it is warmly welcome on our site. Thus proceed to Login/Register to submit your post.
Now, please, subscribe to Educareguide and contact us for further assistance for your education. Finally, please fill out the contact form on the sidebar to reach us.
Nevertheless, do not forget to comment in the comment section below. Indeed, we will gladly appreciate knowing how you think about this article. Thanks.