Educareguide finds it a absolute need to brief Junior High School students about Business course in SHS.
As a matter of fact, it is very important for JHS candidates to understand the various subjects combination under Business and other fields of study in Second Cycle Schools.
Specifically, this guide will concentrate on the area of Business program that is offered in various Senior High Schools in Ghana and across the world.
Now, you may ask – what are the courses under Business which I can study in High School? Let’s find all the answer right below.
Here Is The List Of Business Subjects In SHS
Certainly, High School students can study the following list of business subjects in High school.
- Business Management – BM
- Financial Accounting
- Economics – Econs
- Cost Accounting – Costing
- Elective Mathematics – E Maths
- ICT Elective
- Clerical Office Duties – COD
Course Combinations – Business Subjects In SHS
Now, what are the subject combinations that you are allowed under Business in SHS?
As a matter of fact, the Ghana Education Service permits SHS students to normally select only four elective subjects, in addition to the four core subjects.
For this reason, you can cannot read all the elective subjects in Business above. Certainly, you can select only four of them.
Furthermore, there are some subjects that you cannot combine with other subjects. Truly, if you do that, those subjects can conflict with other ones, during the wassce examination period.
In addition to that, not all Senior High Schools offer all the subjects listed above. Thus, some schools may not offer for instance, Clerical Office Duties, Cost Accounting, Elective Maths, etc.
Surely, it is the reason why educareguide.com is here to guide in your course selection at SHS.
Now, what are the subjects you cannot combine to study at SHS? Surly, let’s find that below.
Subject You Cannot Combine At SHS – Senior High School
Senior High School Students cannot combine and study the following subjects in SHS:
- You cannot read Elective Maths and Cost Accounting at the same time
- Also, you cannot read Accounting and Clerical Office Duties at the same time.
- Again, you cannot read Elective ICT and Cost Accounting at the same time.
Which Course Is Best For Business Students At High School
I will give you the following if you you ask for my expert advice:
- First, you should study Cost Accounting if you goal is to become an accountant in future.
- Secondly, you should study Elective ICT, if you want to become an accounting software programming and database.
- Thirdly, you may read French, if you want to work for an international accounting firm in future.
- Also, it is a fact, that student who read Elective Mathematics at high school have broader chance to get admission into many courses at the university. Indeed, this is as a result of the admission requirements of universities and colleges.
- However, it is an advantage to study cost accounting if you want to have a fruitful career as an accountant or business administrator.
In addition to the above, you should consider the following in selecting business subjects at SHS.
- When it comes to which courses is best for Business students at SHS level, I will say say that it depends on your capabilities, interest and goals in life.
- For this reason, I will advice you to observe well and find out your areas of strength at the Junior High school level or basic level to decide which subjects you will study at SHS.
- What I mean is that, examine yourself and you will realize the subjects that you have high interest in.
- Also, you will find out that, it was very easy for you to excel in those subject areas with a very minimum effort at JHS.
Finally, if you are considering studying business course in shs, then you should consider the above guide very serious.
I believe all the information you seek on business course in shs are well explained to you.
You Might Have Interest In The Following As Well:
- General Prospectus For Senior High Schools In Ghana 2021 – List Of Things Needed To Enroll At SHS
- Wesley Girls’ High School Prospectus 2021 – List Of Things Inspected For Admission At Wey Gey Hey
- Mfantsipim High School Prospectus 2021 – List Of Things Needed For Admission At Mfantsipim
- How To Check WAEC Result – How Do I Check My WASSCE Results Online
- Best Home Economics SHS In Ghana – Ranking Of High Schools
- General Art Courses In SHS – Here Are The List Of Subjects Offered
- Indiscipline In 2020 WASSCE Examination – Riots, Attacks, Etc.
- WASSCE Core Maths, Social Studies, Chemistry Leakage
- WAEC Orders Investigations Into Leakages – 2020 WASSCE Exams
- WAEC Leak The Identity Of Examiners On Social Media
I believe Educareguide has been of help to you with regards to your subject of concern. Also there are many other contents we have available to help you in your education.
Furthermore, if there is any contribution/comment/concern that you would want to make, it is warmly welcome on our site. Simply proceed to Login/Register to submit your post.
Now, please, subscribe to Educareguide and contact us for further assistance for your education. Finally, fill the contact form on the side bar to reach us.
Nevertheless, do not forget to pass a comment in the comment section below. Indeed, we will gladly appreciate to know how you think about this article. Thanks.Share With Others