The West African Examinations Council (WAEC) has given orders, for investigations to be carried out into the many leakages in the 2020 West African Secondary School Certificate Examination (WASSCE).
Furthermore, WAEC proceeded to report the incidence to the Cyber Crime Department of the Ghana Police Service.
Currently, there is an ongoing investigations into the matter.
Moreover, WAEC assured the general public to remain calm, and believe in their time tested mechanisms put in place over the years to ensure the sanctity of the exams process.
Indeed, what are some of these arrangements that WAEC has put in place to ensure fairness?
WAEC’s Arrangement Used To Mark Script
WAEC claims It has put in place, the following arrangements to ensure the fairness of the marking process.
- WAEC does not include the names of schools on the envelopes containing the marking script.
- In addition to that WAEC makes sure that, they swap the scripts across regions in the country. For instance, they will take central region scripts to let’s say Upper West region.
- Also WAEC claims that, their scrips goes through a series of vetting processes. In fact, there is a chain of hierarchy that the scrips goes through. Thus, the hierarchy includes: Team Leaders, Chief Examiners, Venue Co-ordinators, etc.
Further Developments About The WASSCE Leakages
Meanwhile, the Coalition for Concerned Teachers (CCT), Ghana, also granted an interview to TV3 news.
In that interview, the body claims that, the release of the examiners identity to the public was most unfair to its member.
Furthermore, the body said that, even the chief examiners of the various subjects do not have the final say on the WASSCE questions.
For this reason, they claim that, WAEC shouldn’t claim the impression that their must decide on the final questions.
As a matter of fact, all these and other matters arising from the ongoing WASSCE examinations cast a snare on the integrity of the examination.
Truly, If WAEC Orders Investigations Into Leakages of the 2020 exams, then it is in its right place.
Sincerely speaking, we hope, that WAEC will really sit up and put better systems in place to avert some of these circumstances, going into the future.
Thus, Ghanaian certificates may may loose credibility on the global educational scene if care is not taken.
You Might Be Interested In The Following As Well
- Wassce Timetable For 2021 – Wassce 2021 Timetable PDF Download
- WAEC Leak The Identity Of Examiners On Social Media
- WASSCE Core Maths, Social Studies, Chemistry Leakage
- Indiscipline In 2020 WASSCE Examination – Riots, Attacks, Etc.
I believe Educareguide has helped you to understand this subject matter. There are many other contents we have available to help you in your education.
If there is any contribution/comment/concern that you would want to make, it is warmly welcome on our site. Simply proceed to Login/Register to submit your post.
Please, subscribe to Educareguide and contact us for further assistance for your education. Fill the contact form on the side bar to reach us.
Do not forget to pass a comment in the comment section below. We will gladly appreciate to know how you think about this article. Has it been helpful? What is do you need? Let’s here from you. Thanks.Share With Others