The Management of Wesley Girls’ High School gives the following school prospectus to SHS1 students for the 2023 academic year.
Factually, Wesley Girls’ SHS is a girls boarding School located at Cape Coast, in the Central Region of Ghana. In recent years, the school has been admitting day school children as well.
Emphatically speaking, the free SHS policy does not cover all the items your child needs to take to School.
However, I must say that the government may absorb some of these items as time goes on.
In this regard, We will keep you updated whenever the government takes more of these items on board.
This means that the government will not provide all the items needed to take to School.
As a result, parents should buy these things for their words.
Even though the free SHS policy is a government scholarship for children at public Senior High Schools in Ghana, nevertheless, parents must endeavour to buy these items for their wards to take to the Weseley Girls’ High School.
In addition to the above, these items are for personal use by the student at the School.
Click For The Summary Of This Guide
Wey Gey Hey Prospectus 2023
Before we look at the list of items in detail, parents must take note of the following important information:
- Each student must undergo a thorough medical examination and submit the report to the School at the beginning of every academic year.
- Parents who have wards with certain chronic medical conditions should meet the School’s medical team to discuss how to manage the child’s condition.
- The Girls are not supposed to keep drugs on them. All medicines (including herbal ones) are to be deposited at the dispensary for the Nurse to monitor their administration. Asthmatic patients, however, may keep their drugs.
- Whenever you take your girl home for medical attention, they must return with a full report of the condition and the treatment given for the school medical team to do a follow-up.
- The School will deal with any students who consistently refuses to report to the school medical team in case of illness.
- Parents who do not want the school medical team to attend to their wards must indicate this by writing to the School. However, they are advised to locate their wards close to the preferred medical personnel so that they (their wards) can be given quick attention, especially in case of emergency.
Indeed, that’s not all; therefore, note the following as well.
The School does not allow Girls to plait their hair. They should keep it short. Hair should not be permed or straightened or curled. NB: Curled and permed hair will be cut.
The School does not have a prescribed housedress. Girls are allowed to wear their housedresses. However, clothing should be simple, decent and washable. At least one outfit should be suitable for use during cleaning.
The fence wall around the School is relatively low. Therefore, Boys from surrounding villages can scale over the wall into the School to steal from time to time.
Girls should help maintain security in the School by always ensuring that their boxes, trunks, suitcases, dormitories, pantries, and classrooms are locked up when not in use.
Parents/guardians can provide pocket money for their wards. The amount must be reasonable; we do not encourage extravagance.
The money is paid into an account (specially opened by the School for that purpose) from which Girls can withdraw on request.
Girls are not allowed to keep more than GH ¢50.00 (Twenty Ghana Cedis) on them at any given time. Extra pocket money requested must be used immediately for the purpose for which it was requested.
NB: In general, costs are high. We do not encourage unnecessary spending. Girls should be reminded to be economical in their use of money.
Parents are to provide transport money for their daughters/wards. Here, you can pay this separately at the accounts office.
Very importantly, the money must be made available early enough to be paid to State Transport Company to ensure students return home safely.
On the other hand, parents can make other transport arrangements for their daughters/wards.
Unaccepted Items For Admission – SHS
A student shouldn’t bring the following items to the School.
In order words, the School regards these items as unprescribed things at Wesley Girls’ School.
In as much as you shouldn’t bring the following things to Wesley Girls’ Senior High School, you can bring drugs under regulations below:
Drugs & Health Care:
Girls cannot keep medicines on them, except those who are asthmatic. You should deposit all medicines at the School’s Dispensary. The School has a Visiting Doctor and Four Nurses, one of whom is resident.
The Visiting Doctor visits the sickbay two times a week apart from other emergencies.
NB. Donations for drugs (anti-malaria, antibiotics, vitamins, painkillers, antacids, milk of magnesia, disposable syringes and needles etc.) are welcome.
Girls are not allowed to bring mobile phones to the School. Any girl found with a mobile phone will face severe sanctions.
Prospectus For Wesley Girls’ High School Students
Now first-year students who come to Wesley Girls’ High Schools in the 2023 academic year must present the following items for inspection during admission:
- Methodist Hymn Book
- English Dictionary
- Mathematical Set
- Brown papers (enough to cover all exercise books)
- Writing paper, envelopes and stamps
- Passport size photographs
- Photocopy of BECE Results
- Photocopy of Birth Certificate
- 1Scrubbing brush,
- 2 Pieces of flannel rags for dusting
- Working attire (1 T-Shirt and Shorts below the knee)
- 2 Brooms
- 1 Hoe
- Trunk or Suitcase with her name printed on it.
- Small chop-box (60cm x45cm x30cm is large enough) with
- her name clearly printed on it.
- Brown play deck sandals for School
- Pair of church shoes (black flat shoes)
- Pair of white sneakers for PE (all white)
- Pairs of white socks.
- Chapel attire: Slit and Kaba (Blue and white wax print.
- (Sewn in a simple style)
- House attire: (dresses or blouses, white T-Shirts,
- skirts/trousers – not more than six)
- Green Cardigan
- Underwear (to include panties, underskirts/undershorts and
- Night Gowns /_Pyjamas and housecoats
- Pair of slippers (knock-about)
- Flip-flops (bathroom Slippers)
- Leather-covered mattress and pillow
- Bedsheets (Plain white)
- Pillowcases (Plain white)
- White Mosquito Net (preferably treated)
- Sleeping cloth
- Electric Iron (3 pin plug) no other electronic or electrical
- Toiletries, e.g. Toilet roll, soap, toothpaste, sanitary towels –
- as required for a semester
- Old newspapers (to wrap up the sanitary towel
- Plastic cloth hangers
- A Set of pegs
- White T-Shirts
- Plastic Buckets with covers
- Crockery Bag
- Cutlery Bag
- Set of cutlery (fork, dessert spoon, table knife, teaspoon)
- Cup and saucer (Plastic), Plates, Napkins
- Sewing Kits for mending clothes (Pair of Scissors, 1
- thimble, Tape Measure, Needles and Pins
- Threads (Green, white and black)
- Alcohol hand-based sanitizers and nose masks
Take Note Of All The Following As well:
- Please label all your items before you present them for inspection.
- The six house dresses should include a pair of jeans, trousers and a pair of shorts.
- Girls should bring three each of the following items:
- Green cardigans should have buttons in front.
Dress Code Samples Of Design
Blue & White Chapel Clothe – Wesley Girls’ Slit & Kaba Style
Sample of Play deck Sandals – Wey Gey Hey
Samples of Crockery Bag – Wey Gey Hey
Notably, Wesley Girls’ High School reserves the right to update the prospectus above at any time.
Thus, it would be best if you realized that the prospectus for Wesley Girls’ High Schools above might slightly change from time to time as and when the school management deems it fit.
Indeed, you should confirm and cross-check specifically from the School before you proceed to make procurements.
Honestly, GES allows Wesley Girls’ to vary the Wesley Girls’ High school prospectus slightly to suit the environmental factors in the schools.
You Might Have Interest In The Following As Well:
- General prospectus for Senior High Schools in Ghana
- Mfantsipim Senior High School Prospectus
- Aburi Girls’ High School Prospectus
- How To Check WAEC Result – How Do I Check My WASSCE Results Online
- Indiscipline In 2020 WASSCE Examination – Riots, Attacks, Etc.
- WASSCE Core Maths, Social Studies, Chemistry Leakage
- WAEC Orders Investigations Into Leakages – 2020 WASSCE Exams
- WAEC Leak The Identity Of Examiners On Social Media
- Best Home Economics SHS In Ghana – Ranking Of High Schools
- General Art Courses In SHS – Here Are The List Of Subjects Available
- Home Economics courses at Legon – University of Ghana
I believe Educareguide has been of help to you concerning your subject of concern. Also, there are many other contents we have available to help you in your education.
Furthermore, if there is any contribution/comment/concern that you would want to make, it is warmly welcome on our site. Thus proceed to Login/Register to submit your post.
Now, please, subscribe to Educareguide and contact us for further assistance for your education. Finally, please fill the contact form on the sidebar to reach us.
Nevertheless, do not forget to pass a comment in the comment section below. Indeed, we will gladly appreciate knowing how you think about this article. Thanks.