There are alternative Admission Requirements for applicants who want to read Degree Courses at UDS.
Honestly, these multiple entry requirements allow applicants to apply with the best and most relevant qualifications they possess.
This guide will explore these categories of applicants and the entry qualification for admission into the University for Development Studies.
What type of qualifications can I apply for UDS degree course admission? Please find all the Degree Courses admission requirements at UDS right below.
Click For The Summary Of This Guide
UDS Admission Requirements For Degree Programs
Again, the University for Development Studies admits students with different qualifications to read degree programs.
Interestingly, it is not so difficult to meet the degree course admission requirements at UDS, judging from the details below.
Therefore, you can apply to study for a degree program at UDS with any of the following qualifications or certificates:
- WASSCE or SSSCE Applicants
- Mature Applicants Certificate
- A-Level Applicants Certificate
- IGCSE or IB Applicants Certificate
- GCE/Advanced Level Applicants Certificate
- International Applicants Certificate
Now let us take this set of qualifications one after the other and explore them.
Wassce Applicants, Requirements For Degree At UDS
Wassce applicants seeking admission to read degree programs at the University for Development Studies should possess these requirements:
First, at least credit passes or better (i.e. A1- C6) in three(3) Core Subjects, namely:
- English Language;
- Integrated Science; or Social Studies
Furthermore, you should possess at least credit passes (i.e. A1 to C6) in their (3) elective subjects.
Remember that your elective subjects must relate to the program you want to read.
SSSCE Applicants, Admission Requirements At UDS
Likewise, SSSCE applicants must have at least credit passes or better (i.e. A- D) in all their Core Subjects, especially:
- English Language;
- Mathematics; and
- Integrated Science
Also, applicants should obtain at least three credit passes (i.e. A-D) in their relevant Elective Subjects.
Mature Applicants, UDS Degree Course Admission Requirements
Notably, Mature Applicants who apply for a degree programme at UDS should possess these qualifications:
- First, you should possess a Higher National Diploma (i.e. HND) in Dispensing Technology.
- Alternatively, you can apply with a Pharmacy Technician Certificate or equivalent from an accredited institution.
- Also, you should have at least three (3) years of relevant working experience at the time of application.
A Level And Or O Level Applicants, UDS Degree Course Admission Requirements
Specifically, General Certificate of Education at Ordinary Level (i.e. GCE O Level) applicants must have very good passes in five (5) subjects, including:
- English; and
In addition to that, you should have very good passes in three (3) most relevant elective subjects.
Furthermore, you should have a very good pass in General Science and any other relevant subjects at the General Certificate of Education at Advanced Level (i.e. A-Level) or its equivalent.
IGCSE And International Baccalaureate Applicants, UDS Degree Course Admission Requirements
Also, IGCSE and International Baccalaureate applicants must possess at least Grades A*/A-C in:
- English; and
at the Standard (SL/’O’ Level),
In addition to that, you should have three Higher levels (HL-A to C)/’A’ Level (A to d) or IB2 (A-C) grades in three relevant elective subjects.
For instance, those applying for Science related programs must have:
- Biology; and
HND Certificate Holders, Requirement For Degree At UDS
HND and other Diploma holders must have the following minimum requirement to secure admission into the UDS easily.
- Must have either a Second Class lower or better related to the programme of study in other to have a chance of being admitted to level 200
- Applicants who have a Third Class or pass may get admission into level 100
- Applicants will have to pass an interview conducted by the University to gain admission into the school.
Assuredly, we will give you updates when the University adds other categories of applicants to the list.
You Might Have Interest In The Following As Well:
- UDS Courses And Cut Off Points
- Does UDS Accept D7 – Find Out Whether You Qualify For Admission With D7 At UDS
- When Is UDS Reopening – University For Development Studies
- ucm.uds.edu.gh Student Portal Login, University For Development Studies Online Platform
- UDS Student Portal Login – University For Development Studies
- UDS Medicine Cut Off Point, The University Of Developmental Studies
- Degree Courses Admission Requirements At UEW, University Of Education, Winneba
- UCC Degree Courses Admission Requirements, The University Of Cape Coast
- Legon Degree Courses Admission Requirements, The University Of Ghana
- UMAT Degree Courses Admission Requirements, University Of Mines And Technology
- Uhas Degree Courses Admission Requirements, The University Of Health And Allied Science
I believe Educareguide has been of help to you with regard to your subject of concern. Also, there are many other contents we have available to help you in your education.
Furthermore, if there is any contribution/comment/concern that you would want to make, it is warmly welcome on our site. Simply proceed to Login/Register to submit your post.
Now, please, subscribe to Educareguide and contact us for further assistance with your education. Finally, fill out the contact form on the sidebar to reach us.
Nevertheless, do not forget to pass a comment in the comment section below. Indeed, we will gladly appreciate knowing what you think about this article. Thanks.