This guide will explore all the information you must know about ICT courses in Legon.
If you are a computer student, you will be interested in knowing the details about the ICT program at the University of Ghana.
Understandably, the search for ICT courses is not a surprise because Information Communication Technology is the world’s current and future.
For this reason, those who passed the Wassce and other related Examinations can always apply to read these ICT programs at UG, Legon.
Does Legon Offer ICT Course?
So are there first degree ICT courses at Legon?
We continuously explore the many courses that Legon offers to students at the university.
Assuredly, I can say that the university keeps improving and expanding the scope of course offerings to students.
In light of this, we searched and found out that the university runs the following degree courses in ICT for students.
Now, check the list right below.
List Of ICT Programmes At Legon?
As the Univesity of Ghana keeps offering relevant modern courses for students who enrol at the university, ICT is a focus of the university in recent times.
In view of this, UG offers these undergraduate programmes in the field of computer science to students:
- B.Sc. Information Technology
- B.Sc. Computer Science
Now let’s find out the study duration for these Legon ICT courses.
Study Duration For Legon ICT Courses
So how many years does it take to study ICT at Legon?
Indeed, the study duration for all the first ICT programs in Legon is four years for WASSCE graduates. Thus, Wassce graduates will read the program for four years.
However, applicants who already have an HND certificate will study the program for only two or three years, depending on their class and the HND program.
Now, what is the admission requirement to read ICT at Legon?
Find about that right below.
Admission Requirement To Study ICT, Legon
The University of Ghana admits students with the following qualifications to read the ICT program at the University:
- Wassce Certificate
- SSSCE Certificate
- GCE O Level and A Level Certificate
- Diploma Certificate
- Graduate Certificate
Apart from the general basic requirements for all of the above qualifications, the subject on your result or certificate should relate to the field of ICT.
For instance, Wassce and SSSCE applicants should have very good grades in:
- Elective ICT;
- Elective Mathematics; and
Now check the detailed admission requirements for each of the categories of applicants from here.
At this stage, you are aware of the admission requirements for the program, and proceed to check the cut-off point for the course right below.
Cut Off Point For ICT In Legon
Indeed you qualify to read the program when you get at least grade C6 in the requisite subjects.
Nevertheless, you must bear in mind that every Legon courses have cutoff points, and thus, BSc Computer is no exception.
Therefore the current general cutoff point for ICT courses at Legon is:
- B.Sc. Information Technology 13
- B.Sc. Computer Science 12
Now find the details about how to apply for the ICT program here.
Also, check out the admission fees for Legon ICT course from here.
Honestly, I believe you have all the information you need about ICT in Legon.
You Might Have Interest In The Following As Well:
- Legon Degree Courses Admission Requirements
- How to apply for admission at the University of Ghana
- Places where you can buy Legon Forms – University of Ghana
- How Do I Check My Admission Status At University Of Ghana 2020-2021?
- Human Resource Management Course In Legon
- University Of Ghana Courses And Fees For Continuing Students
- Banks For Legon Fee Payment, 2021/22
- Legon Fees 2021/2022 University Of Ghana
- When Will Legon Start Admission 2021
- How much is Legon fees for 2121 – University of Ghana fees – UG
- Banks for Legon fee payment
- When will Legon reopen
- Courses offered at Legon – UG
- General admission requirement at Legon – UG – University of Ghana
- Does Legon accept D7 for admission?
- Courses general arts students can apply for at Legon
- Courses that business students can apply for at Legon
- Home Economics courses at the University of Ghana
- Accounting Courses In Legon, Cut Off Point, University Of Ghana Admission Details
- Courses that science students can apply for at Legon
- University Of Ghana Online Application Form
- Entry Requirements For All Programs Of University Of Ghana
I believe Educareguide has been of help to you concerning your subject of concern. Also, there are many other contents we have available to help you in your education.
Furthermore, if there is any contribution/comment/concern that you would want to make, it is warmly welcome on our site. Thus proceed to Login/Register to submit your post.
Now, please, subscribe to Educareguide and contact us for further assistance with your education. Finally, please fill out the contact form on the sidebar to reach us.
Nevertheless, do not forget to pass a comment in the comment section below. Indeed, we will gladly appreciate knowing what you think about this article. Thanks.