There are many Admission Requirements for applicants who wish to read Degree courses at Knust.
Honestly, these multiple entry requirements give applicants the option to apply with any of the alternative entry requirements.
This guide will explore these categories of applicants and the entry qualification for admission into the Kwame Nkrumah University of Science and Technology.
Now, which type of qualifications can I use to apply for degree courses admission at Knust?
Please find all the Degree Courses admission requirements at Knust right below.
Knust Admission Requirements For Degree Programs
Honestly, the Kwame Nkrumah University of Science and Technology admits students with different qualifications to read degree programs.
Interestingly, it is not so difficult to meet the degree courses admission requirements at Knust, looking at the details below.
In this regard, you can apply to study a degree program at Knust with any of the following qualifications or certificates:
- WASSCE or SSSCE Applicants
- ABCE Applicants
- GBCE Applicants
- Mature Applicants.
- International Applicants
Now, let us take this set of qualifications one after the other and look into them.
Wassce Applicants, Requirements For Degree At Knust
Notably, Wassce applicants seeking admission to read degree programs at the Kwame Nkrumah University of Science and Technology should possess these requirements:
First, at least credit passes or better (i.e. A1- C6) in three(3) Core Subjects, namely:
- English Language;
- Integrated Science; or Social Studies
Furthermore, you should possess at least credit passes (i.e. A1 to C6) in your (3) elective subjects.
Remember that your elective subjects must relate to the program you want to read.
SSSCE Applicants, Admission Requirements At Knust
Likewise, SSSCE applicants must have at least credit passes or better (i.e. A- D) in all their Core Subjects, especially:
- English Language;
- Mathematics; and
- Integrated Science
Also, applicants should obtain at least three credit passes (i.e. A-D) in their relevant Elective Subjects.
GCSE/ Cambridge GCE ‘O’ And ‘A-Level Applicants
Also, General Certificate of Secondary Education (GCSE)/ Cambridge GCE ‘O’ and ‘A’ Level applicants can apply for admission.
In this regard, such applicants must have at least five (5) credit passes at the GCSE, Baccalaureate, or Cambridge O’ Level in these subjects:
- English; and
In addition to that, you should have at least credit passes in your three relevant subjects at the ‘A-Level.
ABCE or GBCE Applicants, Requirement For Degree Course At Knust
These are applicants with Advanced Business Certificate Examination or General Business Certificate Examination qualifications.
Notably, such applicants should possess these requirements:
First, you must have passes in three (3) Compulsory Subjects, including English Language
In addition to that, you should have passed in three (3) Elective Subjects, including Business Mathematics.
Likewise, Holders of ABCE must have passes in three (3) Compulsory Subjects.
In addition to that, they should attain passes in three (3) Optional Subjects relevant to the Programme they apply for.
Mature Applicants, Knust Degree Course Admission Requirements
Notably, Mature Applicants who apply for a degree programme at UDS should possess these qualifications:
- First, you must be at least 25 years at the time of application.
- Second, you should have at least three (3) years of relevant working experience at the time of application.
- Third, you must have at least a Second Cycle Education background.
- Fourth, you must pass the University Entrance Examination and Aptitude Test.
Where necessary, you should pass the University Applicants Interview.
International Applicants, Admission Requirements At Knust
Remember that the University will admit foreign applicants based on qualifications from their home countries.
In this case, the Ghana Tertiary Education Commission (GTEC) will assess and determine whether you qualify for admission.
Furthermore, Knust will inspect your evidence of proficiency in the English language if you are applying from a Non-English speaking country.
Also, International applicants are requested to acquire a non-Citizen Ghana card as a prerequisite for an offer of admission.
In this regard, the Knust will not offer admission to International applicants who fail to provide evidence of possession of this card.
You Might Have Interest In The Following As Well:
- Is Knust Form Out
- How to apply for admission at Knust – Kwame Nkrumah University Of Science and Technology
- How To Check Your Knust Admission Status
- Knust Courses And Grades 2021 – Kwame Nkrumah University Of Science and Technology Programme
- Is D7 Accepted In KNUST – Admission Requirements For SHS Students
- Degree Nursing In Knust, Cut Off Points, Admission Fees, Other Details At Knust
- Can A General Arts Student Offer Geological Engineering
- HND To Degree At Knust Requirements
- ICT Courses In Knust
- Communication Studies In Knust, BA Communication Studies
- Food And Nutrition Courses At Knust
- Business Administration Courses In KNUST
- Home Economics courses offered in KNUST
- Business Courses In KNUST
- Knust Medicine Course Details, Cut Off Point, How To Apply, Fees, Duration, Etc.
- General Arts Courses At KNUST
- KNUST Student Login Portal – Kwame Nkrumah University of Science and Technology
- Courses Offered In UCC – University Of Cape Coast.
- Courses Offered At Legon – University of Ghana – UG
- UDS Courses And Cut Off Points – University For Development Studies
I believe Educareguide has been of help to you concerning your subject of concern. Also, we have much more content to help you in your education.
Furthermore, if there is any contribution/comment/concern that you would want to make, it is warmly welcome on our site. Thus proceed to Login/Register to submit your post.
Now, please, subscribe to Educareguide and contact us for further assistance with your education. Finally, please fill out the contact form on the sidebar to reach us.
Nevertheless, do not forget to pass a comment in the comment section below. Indeed, we will gladly appreciate knowing what you think about this article. Thanks.