For students interested in studying ICT at Knust, this guide will provide all the information you must know about ICT Courses In Knust.
Indeed, I know that many young persons in this modern era are fascinated about Information Communication Technology courses at University.
Thus it is understandable that you will imagine a science-based university like Kwame Nkrumah University of Science and Technology will offer an ICT course.
Can those who passed the Wassce and other related Examinations always apply to read these ICT programs at Knust? Now, find the answer to this question right below.
Does Knust Offer ICT Course?
Indeed, Is There A First Degree ICT Courses At Knust?
We continuously explore the many courses that Knust offers to students at the University.
Assuredly, I can say that the University keeps improving and expanding the number of course offerings to students.
In light of this, we searched and found out that the University runs the following degree courses in ICT for students.
Now, check the list right below.
List Of ICT Programmes At Knust?
Honestly, two colleges offer ICT related programs at Knust and they the:
- College of Science and
- College of Engineering
Undoubtedly, these Colleges at Knust offers the following ICT courses to all WASSCE and other applicants who possess the requisite results:
- BSc Computer Science
- BSc Computer Engineering
Now let’s find out the study duration for these Knust ICT courses below.
Study Duration For Knust ICT Courses
So how many years does it take to study ICT at Knust?
Indeed, the study duration for all the first ICT programs in Knust is four years for WASSCE graduates. Thus, Wassce graduates will read the program for four years.
However, applicants who already have an HND certificate will study the program for only two or three years, depending on your class and HND program.
Now, what is the admission requirement to read ICT at Knust?
Find about that right below.
Admission Requirement To Study ICT, Knust
Applicants must possess the following result:
Credit Passes in these Core Subjects:
- English Language
- Integrated Science
- Social Studies
Also, you must have at least C6 in three out of the following subjects:
- Elective Mathematics,
- Physics and either
- Chemistry or
- Applied Electricity or Electronics
Thus, you realize that only science students qualify to apply for the ICT programs at Knust.
At this stage, that you are aware of the admission requirements for the program, let’s proceed to check the cut-off point for the course right below.
Cut Off Point For ICT In Knust
Indeed you qualify to read the program when you get at least C6 in the requisite subjects.
Nevertheless, you must bear in mind that every Knust course has a cutoff point, and thus, Computer Science and Computer Engineering is no exception.
Therefore the current cutoff point for ICT courses at Knustare:
- Computer Science aggregate 14.
- Computer Engineering aggregate 12
Now, I believe you have all the information you need about ICT in Knust.
You Might Have Interest In The Following As Well:
- Engineering Courses In Knust
- Communication Studies In Knust, BA Communication Studies
- Food And Nutrition Courses At Knust
- How To Check Your Knust Admission Status
- Is Knust Form Out
- How to apply for admission at Knust – Kwame Nkrumah University Of Science and Technology
- Knust Courses And Grades 2021 – Kwame Nkrumah University Of Science and Technology Programme
- Business Administration Courses In KNUST
- Home Economics courses offered in KNUST
- Business Courses In KNUST
- Is D7 Accepted In KNUST – Admission Requirements For SHS Students
- General Arts Courses At KNUST
- KNUST Student Login Portal – Kwame Nkrumah University of Science and Technology
- Courses Offered In UCC – University Of Cape Coast.
- Courses Offered At Legon – University of Ghana – UG
- UDS Courses And Cut Off Points – University For Development Studies
I believe Educareguide has been of help to you concerning your subject of concern. Also, there is much more content we have available to help you in your education.
Furthermore, if there is any contribution/comment/concern that you would want to make, it is warmly welcome on our site. Thus proceed to Login/Register to submit your post.
Now, please, subscribe to Educareguide and contact us for further assistance for your education. Finally, please fill the contact form on the sidebar to reach us.
Nevertheless, do not forget to pass a comment in the comment section below. Indeed, we will gladly appreciate knowing how you think about this article. Thanks.