This guide will help you find out whether a General Arts Student can offer Geological Engineering at the university or not.
Furthermore, we will inform you about what Geological Engineering entails and the admission requirements to read such a program in certain Tertiary institutions in Ghana.
Also, we have comprehensive information on when and how you can apply for admission to study Geological Engineering in relevant Tertiary institutions.
Now let us begin by identifying what Geological Engineering entails from the explanation below.
Click For The Summary Of This Guide
What Is Geological Engineering About?
Factually speaking, Geological engineering is the development and conservation of natural resources in ways beneficial to humankind.
Furthermore, it encompasses diverse fields such as groundwater resources, geothermal energy and subsurface contamination.
Also, it includes the study of slope stability, environmental site design, and mineral and petroleum exploration and production.
Now let us find out whether a general arts student can study Geological Engineering.
Can Arts Students Read Geological Engineering At The University?
Indeed, arts can study courses in many fields of endeavour.
In this regard, arts have an extensive scope of which Geology is part.
Therefore, General Arts students can study Geological Engineering because the field falls directly under the Arts.
If you are a General Arts student who has completed SHS, you can apply to read Geological Engineering at Several Tertiary Institutions in Ghana.
Now check out some of the universities and tertiary institutions in Ghana where you can study Geological Engineering from the list below.
Universities In Ghana That Offer Geological Engineering
Honestly, studying Geological Engineering at the university will offer you excellent career opportunities.
As a result, many young people are pursuing degree programs at various universities in Geological Engineering.
Interestingly, the following universities in Ghana offer programs in Geological Engineering:
- Kwame Nkruma University of Science and Technology, Knust
- University of Mines and Technology – UMAT
- The University of Energy And Natural Resources – UENR
- Regent University College of Science and Technology Regent
Remember that all these universities have unique admission requirements for different categories of applicants.
However, there is a kind of standardized requirement you should bear in mind if you want to apply for admission into any of these tertiary institutions above.
General Admission Requirements, Geological Engineering
Applicants must possess the following result:
Credit Passes in these Core Subjects:
- English Language
- Integrated Science
- Social Studies
When we say credit passes, we mean at least C6 in all your subjects.
Also, you should have at least C6 in all your elective subjects in either General Arts or Science.
Therefore, business and home economics students do not qualify to read Geological Engineering at the university.
You Might Have Interest In The Following As Well:
- Engineering Courses In Knust, Kwame Nkrumah University Of Science And Technology.
- ICT Courses In Knust
- Communication Studies In Knust, BA Communication Studies
- Food And Nutrition Courses At Knust
- How To Check Your Knust Admission Status
- Is Knust Form Out
- How to apply for admission at Knust – Kwame Nkrumah University Of Science and Technology
- Knust Courses And Grades 2021 – Kwame Nkrumah University Of Science and Technology Programme
- Business Administration Courses In KNUST
- Home Economics courses offered in KNUST
- Business Courses In KNUST
- Is D7 Accepted In KNUST – Admission Requirements For SHS Students
- General Arts Courses At KNUST
- KNUST Student Login Portal – Kwame Nkrumah University of Science and Technology
- Courses Offered In UCC – University Of Cape Coast.
- Courses Offered At Legon – University of Ghana – UG
- UDS Courses And Cut Off Points – University For Development Studies
I believe Educareguide has been of help to you concerning your subject of concern. Also, we have much more content to help you in your education.
Furthermore, if there is any contribution/comment/concern that you would want to make, it is warmly welcome on our site. Thus proceed to Login/Register to submit your post.
Now, please, subscribe to Educareguide and contact us for further assistance for your education. Finally, please fill out the contact form on the sidebar to reach us.
Nevertheless, do not forget to pass a comment in the comment section below. Indeed, we will gladly appreciate knowing what you think about this article. Thanks.