Indeed, applicants have the option of Engineering courses they can study at UON, the University of Nairobi.
For this reason, applicants with the required qualifications and other related Examinations can always apply to read these engineering programmes at UON.
Also, we will give information about the admission requirements, the admission process, and the fee involved in studying Engineering at UON.
Now check all the details from the information below.
What Is Engineering?
Engineering uses science and technology to design, build, and use machines, engines, and structures. The programme is designed to equip students with professional education in engineering and surveying.
What Are Engineering Courses Offered At UON?
The University of Nairobi offers Engineering courses under the School of Engineering.
Therefore, UON offers the following degree programmes to undergraduates who want to study the programme at the school.
- Bachelor of Science in Civil Engineering
- Bachelor of Science in Electrical and Electronic Engineering
- Bachelor of Science in Mechanical Engineering
- Bachelor of Science in Geospatial Engineering
- Bachelor of Science in Biosystems Engineering
- Bachelor of Science in Petroleum Engineering
What is The Study Duration of The Programme?
The study duration for the Bachelor of Engineering programme at UON is five years.
The total fee for admission to study Engineering at the University of Nairobi is KES 903,500.00. Foreign applicants should add 20%.
Now, check the admission requirements to study engineering at the UON below.
- Applicants must attain a mean C+ in KCSE with at least C+ in the following cluster subjects Biology, Chemistry, Physics, and Mathematics.
- Advanced Level Applicants: attain two principal passes in Physics and Mathematics and a subsidiary pass in Chemistry and Geography for Geospatial Engineering applicants.
- Ordinary Diploma/ HND Holders: applicants from accredited institutions must attain at least credit passes in relevant subjects.
- Technical/Science Diploma holders from recognized institutions must obtain at least credit passes in Chemistry and Mathematics.
- Applicants with B.Sc./B. Ed or other technical qualifications at the degree level from recognized institutions can also apply.
- Applicants with any other qualifications equivalent to the abovementioned qualifications can also apply for admission.
Check out other information you will need to enroll at UON from the details below.
You Might Have Interest In The Following As Well:
- University Of Nairobi Reopening Date For the Academic year
- University Of Nairobi Campuses, UON Campuses And Branches In Kenya
- Masters Programme At UON, The University Of Nairobi, And Admission Requirements
- UON Online Application Process, How To Secure Your Admission At University of Nairobi
- Are UON Admission Letters Out, Find Out If UON Has Released Admission List
- UON Admission Letters, How To Get Your UON Admission
- Business Courses Offered At UON – the University Of Nairobi Here Are
- General arts courses at UON – University of Nairobi
- UON Eclass Student Portal Login – Full Guide On University Of Nairobi E-Learning Platform
I believe Educareguide has helped you to understand this subject matter. Also, there is much more information available on our website to help you in your education.
Furthermore, if there is any contribution or comment, or concern that you would want to make, it is warmly welcomed on our site. Simply proceed to Login or Register to submit your post.
Now, please, subscribe to Educareguide and contact us for further assistance with your education. Finally, fill out the contact form on the sidebar to reach us.
Nevertheless, do not forget to pass a comment in the comment section below. Indeed, we will gladly appreciate knowing what you think about this article. Thanks.