This guide provides all the information you need about the Legon Access Course For Nurses at the University of Ghana.
Thus, the guide explores aspects of the Nursing Access Programs course at the University of Ghana in the area of:
- What the Legon Nursing Access course is about;
- Who Qualifies to apply for the program;
- What is the admission requirement; and
- How do I apply for the legon access course; and
- How do I check my admission status?
Click For The Summary Of This Guide
Does Legon Offer Access Course For Nurses?
Indeed, the Legon Access Programme aims to provide an alternative avenue for applicants who do not meet the regular admission requirements.
Thus it offers a flame of hope for Wassce graduates and other applicants to attain admission to the University outside the traditional channel.
Usually, private tutorial colleges offer tuition in these access courses for applicants.
Remember that the School of Continuing and Distance Education of the College of Education runs the program across all its centers in the country.
Who Qualifies To Apply For Legon Access Program?
The following groups of people can apply for the access courses:
First, you should be a subsidiary Nurse, Midwife, or Community Health Nurse.
Second, you should hold certificates and other documents such as:
- An auxiliary Identification Number (AIN) or
- Professional Identification Numbers (PIN) in Post-basic Midwifery from the Nursing and Midwifery Council (NMC) Ghana.
Third, Ghanaians or International Applicants may apply for the programme.
Fourth, applicants may hold any of the following:
- Certificates in Enrolled Nursing Nurse Assistant Clinical [NAC])
- Community Health Nursing (Nurse Assistant Preventive [NAP])
Next, you should show your proficiency in English (especially if you are from a non-English speaking country.
Finally, Health or Social Health care workers have an advantage during admission.
Subject To Study During The Nurses Access Program, UG
Students who enroll in the Legon Nurses Access course will study the following subjects:
- English Language
- Core Mathematics
- Integrated Science
- Introductory General Physics
- Introductory General Chemistry
- Introductory Biology
What Are The Nursing Courses I Can Offer Through Access Admission
Applicants can read the following nursing programs even if they apply through the Access avenue:
- BSc Nursing, which has three to four years of study duration or
- BSc Midwifery Modular – a Sandwich program with four(4) years of study duration.
Admission Requirement Into The Main Program At UG
Successful students in the Access program will gain admission to read BSc Nursing and Midwifery Programs at the University of Ghana.
In this regard, you should have a pass mark of 50% minimum (equivalent to C5) or better in all the above subjects.
You will start your program from either level 100 or 200, depending on the type of program you read.
How Do I Learn For The Nurses Access Examination?
Interestingly the University of Ghana offers online tuition and lectures to applicants.
Indeed, the University does so through the Learning Management System (i.e., UG Sakai).
How Much Will I Pay To Register For The UG Access Program
Applicants will pay an entrance fee of GH¢450.00 to enroll in the course.
Remember that the entrance fee is non-refundable.
Also, you must pay the entrance fee into this account details:
- Account Name: University of Ghana Learning Centre Account
- Account Number: 1441002010444
- Bank Name: Ecobank
How To Apply For The Nurses Acces Program At Legon
Interested applicants should register using the University’s online application platform.
Please click here to go to the UG Access Nurses admission application portal login page.
In addition to your application Form, you must submit documents showing evidence of registration with your Professional Regulatory Body.
Now what is the duration of the Nurses Access program at Legon?
The Duration Of The Nurses Access Program
The Nurses Students Access program at the University of Ghana will last Eight(8) weeks.
Furthermore, the program will only run on weekends (i.e., Saturdays and Sundays).
Now, which centers can I study for the University of Ghana Nurses Access Course?
Centers For Learning, UG Nurses Access Program
You can enroll for tuition at any of the following centers to learn for the Legon Nurses Access Program:
- Tamale Campus,
- Bolga Campus,
- Wa Campus a, and
- Royal Ann College of Health Sciences, Kumasi (UDS affiliate institution).
You Might Have Interest In The Following As Well:
- Deadline For Legon Forms 2023, The Closing Date For University of Ghana Admission Forms
- How to apply for admission at the University of Ghana
- Places where you can buy Legon Forms – University of Ghana
- How Do I Check My Admission Status At University Of Ghana 2023-2024?
- Human Resource Management Course In Legon
- The University Of Ghana Courses And Fees For Continuing Students
- Banks For Legon Fee Payment, 2023/24
- Legon Fees 2023/2023 University Of Ghana
- When Will Legon Start Admission 2023
- How much are Legon fees for 2121 – University of Ghana fees – UG
- Banks for Legon fee payment
- When will Legon reopen
- Courses offered at Legon – UG
- General admission requirement at Legon – UG – University of Ghana
- Does Legon accept D7 for admission?
- Courses general arts students can apply for at Legon
- Courses that business students can apply for at Legon
- Home Economics courses at the University of Ghana
- Courses that science students can apply for at Legon
- University Of Ghana Online Application Form
- Entry Requirements For All Programs Of the University Of Ghana
I believe Educareguide has been of help to you concerning your subject of concern. Also, there are many other contents we have available to help you in your education.
Furthermore, if there is any contribution/comment/concern that you would want to make, it is warmly welcome on our site. Thus proceed to Login/Register to submit your post.
Now, please, subscribe to Educareguide and contact us for further assistance with your education. Finally, please fill out the contact form on the sidebar to reach us.
Nevertheless, do not forget to pass a comment in the comment section below. Indeed, we will gladly appreciate knowing what you think about this article. Thanks.