Indeed, Educareguide considers it very important to inform students about the many nursing courses in Ghana.
Also, it would be helpful if you get to know the Schools, Colleges, and Universities that offer them.
Thus, check out a complete list of nursing courses below.
Undoubtedly, nursing is one of the top-rated tertiary programs in Ghana.
Click For The Summary Of This Guide
Vital Information You Should Note
Of course, its popularity is understandable because the program provides some readily available jobs for graduates. At least, that is the perception of students who prefer to read nursing at colleges in Ghana.
For this reason, many high school graduates fancy their chance to read a nursing program in a tertiary institution.
Indeed, if that is why you are on this page, then you are on the right site where we give the necessary information that you will need to make an excellent career choice.
Meanwhile, check out the list of nursing schools in Ghana and how to apply for a nursing course from here.
This guide will answer all the salient questions about nursing courses in universities, schools, and colleges.
Now, what category of nursing is available for study? Assuredly, you will find the list right below.
Types Of Nursing Courses In Ghana Nursing Training Schools
Now, how many types of nursing courses are there in nursing schools in Ghana? You will find the list of nursing courses and their technical abbreviations below.
Interestingly, you can choose from many of the following nursing courses to read at a nursing school that offers the programme:
- RGN – Registered General Nursing
- RCN – Royal College of Nursing
- RMN – Mental Health Nursing
- RM – Registered Midwifery
- PN – Practical Nursing
- NAC – Nursing Assistant Clinical
- OPN – Ophthalmic Nursing
- CCN – Guide to Critical Care Nursing
- PON – Power of Nursing
- PHN – Public Health Nursing
- EN – Enrolled Nursing
- MID – Midwifery Nursing
- NAP – Nursing Assistive Personnel
- ENT – Otorhinolaryngology Nursing
Thus, to know which nursing course to study at Nursing School, you can choose the list of Nursing programmes above.
Educareguide will soon update you on the differences and similarities in the duties among the above types of nurses.
To get updated regularly on nursing courses and admission news, subscribe to updates and notifications by clicking another notification button on our page or bookmark our page.
Now, find out the various certificate levels you can study in nursing as far as Ghanaian universities, schools, and colleges are concerned right below.
General Nursing Courses In Ghana
Here is the full list of nursing courses in Ghana. In addition to that, Educareguide has listed the colleges which offer these Nursing programs in Ghana:
- Bachelor Of Science In Nursing – UG Legon – University of Ghana
- Bachelor of Science in Midwifery – UG Legon – University of Ghana
- Bachelor of Nursing – UCC – University of Cape Coast
- BSc Nursing – KNUST – Kwame Nkrumah University of Science and Technology
- Diploma in nursing – Kintampo College of Health and Well-Being
- Diploma in nursing – Cape Coast Nursing and Midwifery Training College
- Fundamentals of nursing; first aid and bandaging – 37 Military Hospital Nursing and Midwifery Training College – 37NMTC –
- Psychiatric nursing course – Pantang Nursing and Midwifery Training College
- Environmental Health (Diploma) – Agogo Nursing Training College
Assuredly, we will update the above list as new information comes in from various tertiary institutions in the country.
Now, “Can a visual art student apply for nursing?”. Check out the answer below.
Can A Visual Art Student Apply For Nursing
Indeed, every university or college has its specific admission requirements.
Indeed, visual arts students can apply for Nursing courses in a university or college.
Nevertheless, you must remember that you must possess the quality grades expected from you to gain university admission.
Factually speaking, the University of Ghana admits visual arts students to read nursing.
Also, In UCC, visual arts students can study nursing if they possess the requisite grades and aggregates.
Just bookmark and subscribe to Educareguide, and we will update you on admission opportunities for visual arts students in various schools, universities, and colleges.
Finally, you can find other guides relating to Nursing Courses In Ghana below.
You Might Have Interest In The Following As Well:
- Things To Buy For Nursing School In Ghana, Nursing Training Prospectus
- Best Government Nursing Schools In Ghana
- Complete list of nursing training colleges in Ghana
- Nursing Interview Dates For Admission
- Best Nursing Schools In Ghana, Find Out The List Of Top Nursing Schools
- How To Apply For Nursing School In Ghana
- Does UCC Offer Nursing? Here Is The Complete Answer To you seek
- How Much Is Nursing Training Forms In Ghana
- Is UCC 2021/2022 Forms out
- Home Economics courses in UCC – Courses Offered to students who read home economics at Senior High School
- General Arts courses at UCC – Courses offered to students who read general arts at Senior High School.
- UCC Admission Status Checker – Find out whether you have been admitted at the University of Cape Coast
- When Is UCC Reopening 2020/2021 – University Of Cape Coast Date
- Can I Read Education Program-University Of Ghana-Legon?
We are happy that Educareguide has been of help to you concerning your subject of concern. Also, we have many other contents available to help you in your education.
Furthermore, if there is any contribution/comment/concern that you would want to make, it is warmly welcome on our site. Thus, proceed to Login/Register to submit your post.
Now, please subscribe to Educareguide and contact us for further assistance with your education. Finally, please fill out the contact form on the sidebar to reach us.
Nevertheless, remember to pass a comment in the comment section below. Indeed, we will gladly appreciate knowing what you think about this article. Thanks.