Educareguide finds it a absolute need to brief Junior High School students about general art courses in SHS.
As a matter of fact, it is very important for JHS candidates to understand the various subjects combination under general arts and other fields of study in Second Cycle Schools.
Specifically, this article will concentrate on the area of art programs that are offered in various Senior High Schools in Ghana and across the world.
Now, what are the courses under general art which I can study in SHS or High School? Let’s find all the details below.
Here Is The List Of General Arts Subjects In SHS
Certainly, High School students can study the following list of subjects in school.
- Christian Religious Studies – CRS
- Elective Mathematics – E-Maths
- Geography – Geog
- Literature in English – Lit
- Economics – Econs
- Twi – Either Asante Twi or Akuapim Twi
- Elective Physics
- Elective ICT
Course Combinations – Art Subjects In SHS
Now, what are the subject combinations that you can do under general arts in SHS?
As a matter of fact, the Ghana Education Service permits SHS students to normally select only four elective subjects, in addition to the four core subjects.
For this reason, you can cannot read all the elective subjects in general art above. Certainly, you can select only four of them.
Furthermore, there are some subjects that you cannot combine with other subjects. Truly, if you do that, those subjects can conflict with other ones, during the wassce examination period.
Surely, it is the reason why educareguide.com is here to guide in your course selection at SHS – Senior High School.
Now, what are the subjects you cannot combine to study at SHS? Surly, let’s find that below.
Subject You Cannot Combine At SHS – Senior High Schools
Senior High School Students cannot combine and study the following subjects in SHS:
- You cannot read Twi, Fante, and French at the same time
- Also, you cannot read Financial Account, Literature in English, and Elective Physics at the same time.
- Again, you cannot read Management in Living, Business Management, and Physics at the same time.
Which Course Is Best For Arts Students At High School
When it comes to which courses is best for arts students at SHS level, I will say say that it depends on your capabilities, interest and aspirations in life.
For this reason, I will advice you to observe well and find out your areas of strength at the Junior High school level or basic level.
What I mean is that, examine yourself and you will realize the subjects that you had high interest in. Also, you will find out that, it was very easy for you to excel in those subject areas with a very minimum effort.
Thus, I will advice you to select an arithmetic course if your mathematics background and success at JHS is very strong. This means that, you can then read general art subjects such as Elective Maths, Computer Science, and Economics.
However, for those of you who are very good in appreciation of nature and human behaviors and activities, then reading subjects such as history, CRS, Geography, and government will help your future.
Also, I recommend reading subjects such as Literature, Fante, Twi, French, and other languages for those who are fluent and good speakers.
Sincerely, just reflect on your own life and you will realize some of these things I’m talking about.
You Might Be Interested In The Following As Well
- General Prospectus for SHS – Senior High Schools in Ghana 2021
- WASSCE grading system and result interpretation
- WAEC Leak The Identity Of Examiners On Social Media
- WASSCE Core Maths, Social Studies, Chemistry Leakage
- Indiscipline In 2020 WASSCE Examination – Riots, Attacks, Etc.
- BCom Accounting UCC Requirements – University Of Cape Coast
- B Com Human Resource Management UCC Requirements – University Of Cape Coast
- List Of UCC Education Courses – University Of Cape Coast
- BA Economics UCC Requirements – University Of Cape Coast
- Business Management 2019 WASSCE-Past Questions and Answers
- General Arts Courses In Legon University Of Ghana
- Science Courses In Legon University Of Ghana
- Home Economics Courses Legon UG- University Of Ghana
- Core Mathematics 2019 WASSCE-Past Questions and Answers
I believe Educareguide has been of help to you with regards to your subject of concern. Also there are many other contents we have available to help you in your education.
Furthermore, if there is any contribution/comment/concern that you would want to make, it is warmly welcome on our site. Simply proceed to Login/Register to submit your post.
Now, please, subscribe to Educareguide and contact us for further assistance for your education. Finally, fill the contact form on the side bar to reach us.
Nevertheless, do not forget to pass a comment in the comment section below. Indeed, we will gladly appreciate to know how you think about this article. Thanks.